Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

Ok now that I have that out of the way, can a zone blocking team have power concepts at times?  Sure.  They work best when the other teams defense is gassed.

Can a power blocking team have zone blocking concepts? To a degree but not really.

The players for a zone scheme have slightly different attributes.  They sacrifice a bit of size, strength, and power for more speed and agility.

his bread and butter has been a power running scheme for the most part.  I prefer zone, but if we hire him I want him coaching the scheme and type of players that he is best with.  No more square peg round hole.

I support the team either way and want a championship.  We have 40% of our starting offensive line.  Let’s see who the new additions are, what are their strengths and weaknesses.  That should give us a better indication as to what we will be doing.  I am betting big uglies rather than dancing bears myself.

^-- @Bonanza23 did what finally needed to be done and ignored @Bonanza23. This site is indeed splendid.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Whats a wirfs?

Two or more of these:

Lieutenant-Worf-star-trek-the-next-gener

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Just a friendly reminder that there is an ignore feature here. Really streamlines thru bs and horrible takes. B|

Yes, it helps make it easier to get to the remaining bs and horrible takes. 

But also, 

tenor.gif?itemid=3476524

Edited by NudeTayne
Come on...undo that iggy.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Ok now that I have that out of the way, can a zone blocking team have power concepts at times?  Sure.  They work best when the other teams defense is gassed.

Can a power blocking team have zone blocking concepts? To a degree but not really.

The players for a zone scheme have slightly different attributes.  They sacrifice a bit of size, strength, and power for more speed and agility.

his bread and butter has been a power running scheme for the most part.  I prefer zone, but if we hire him I want him coaching the scheme and type of players that he is best with.  No more square peg round hole.

I support the team either way and want a championship.  We have 40% of our starting offensive line.  Let’s see who the new additions are, what are their strengths and weaknesses.  That should give us a better indication as to what we will be doing.  I am betting big uglies rather than dancing bears myself.

Hell you can run some nasty plays that has the front side blocking man and backside side blocking zone. You end up reading the Backside LB if I remember it correctly. A mobile QB can kill with it if you have that backside making the right read on his zone block

it’s not hard to add other schemes for 2nd or 3rd tier schemes. You can be a zone team and add in some power stuff to compliment. You just can’t be a full on zone team and the next year be a gap scheme and jump back and forth. Or go week for week. Establish an identity and your bread and butter plays and than you can add wrinkles. Nothing better showing zone and get the DL preparing for zone and they get smack with a trap

You can easily be a zone team that mixes in power counter and trap concepts. You time up that play call at the right time and you can just gash a defense. 

I want him coaching the scheme the HC/OC wants to run. The guy is a top tier OL coach. He can coach both schemes extremely well. Just make sure he has the talent he needs 

Edited by buno67

Huge loss not being able to retain Coach Walker, especially if we can't replace him with another quality coach with abilities beyond positional coaching.

Not only a great coach and good person, but he puts out a lot of fires and rallies guys together at whatever team he works for.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Huge loss not being able to retain Coach Walker, especially if we can't replace him with another quality coach with abilities beyond positional coaching.

Not only a great coach and good person, but he puts out a lot of fires and rallies guys together at whatever team he works for.

Eh, based on the staff we’ve assembled thus far, I’m not too worried about replacing him.

Stefanski and DePo have impressed in that regard.

• Like 1