It's crazy how much better college football is

viper952

And more games are available nationally.

Though I forsee NFL on TV becoming more like college football on TV if the way the NFL does things is eventually declared as illegal (and these days it's very likely it will be).

3 hours ago, viper952 said:

Everything

Variety of offenses, the atmosphere, the interesting matchups between unorthodox offenses and the defense. 

Not having to have 2 feet down in the end zone, no ties, better overtime.

I think that’s a matter of opinion. College football and the NFL are very different games. Personally, I prefer college overall, but watching great defensive teams in the NFL is truly amazing, and not something that you’ll ever see at the collegiate level. While some college teams have great defenses, none of them are as sophisticated as what you see in the NFL.

Personally, I don't believe the overall product comes anywhere close to pro football. I love the regular season ranked battles & CFB playoffs, but there are far too many lopsided contests throughout a season to conjure up the same enthusiasm I have for pro football. Any given Sunday simply doesn't apply to college ball anymore. The disparity between the haves & have-nots has even affected the famous college atmosphere with more empty / poorly attended games than ever before. The CFB playoffs, while I love them, has also killed my interest in Bowl games. 

Edited by Small Town Values

IMO, college football does a better job at marketing their product from a ratings standpoint (I'm not talking about outlier teams like Dallas/Green Bay that always draw ratings), based upon things like:

*Network variation and timeframes: I can turn on CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, and Fox on a Saturday from 12:00 noon EST to 1:00 AM the next day and view a plethora of games, conferences, and matchups. In the NFL, you get a 1:00 or 4:00 kickoff for 85%-90% of games, and if you don't have the NFL Sunday Ticket (total garbage monopoly by AT&T/DirecTV), you get stuck with geographical matchups, not to mention having to have NFL Network for several Thursday night/Saturday afternoon games (late in the season, ala Week 16 of the NFL this year). For most of us (myself included), I'm not paying for $150 a month for DirecTV AND a several hundred dollar Sunday Ticket ala carte on top of this, locked into a 2 year contract. That's egregious.

• Like 1

That's how I feel about college basketball vs the NBA, but the reason for that is because in the NBA regular season it looks like no one is interested and they are just coasting until the playoffs.  In the NFL you can't coast or you are going to get hurt.  I love both college football and the NFL, and while last nights game was as fun as any NFL game, i'd say the NFL has consistently better games.

I enjoy talent. The NCAA is awesome at it's own thing but it's not even comparable to the NFL. The reason you see "Variety of offenses" is b/c in college, the best athlete can succeed. In the NFL, everyone is the best athlete and they're damn good football players also. Your second statement is opinion so whatever and the third is seen in the NFL as well. They're just not gimmicky... b/c that doesn't work.

NFL > college football