2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

On 3/7/2020 at 9:22 PM, coordinator0 said:

The thing is McCoy does not replace Judon. Those are two different positions with different bodies needed to fill them. It's something different entirely. You need pass-rushers from the EDGE, clean and simple. 

Yeah, we know. That's where the Clowney hype train comes from. If not, I'd just re-sign McPhee and draft someone. Still a better option in my opinion than paying Judon all the money for the Robin play. Don't get me wrong, I like Judon, but I'm just thinking about the cap and how him playing under the tag would be devastating to us. The McCoy part is he would help with the production without the cost. Rather spread the Judon money around than all on him.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:54 AM, RavensfanRD said:

I'm personally not a fan of spending the money its gonna take to keep Judon. As Vinnie Cerato eloquently put, he's a Robin. And with that perspective, why am I going to pay a Robin Batman prices? I wouldn't mine him back, but not at the number it will take. I think getting Clowney is a pipe dream, but a dream that I'll continue to have until he's officially on another squad. McCoy is older, but I think he can still help this defense in spite of him choosing the Panthers. I'd kick the tires just to see where his mind is.

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Yeah, we know. That's where the Clowney hype train comes from. If not, I'd just re-sign McPhee and draft someone. Still a better option in my opinion than paying Judon all the money for the Robin play. Don't get me wrong, I like Judon, but I'm just thinking about the cap and how him playing under the tag would be devastating to us. The McCoy part is he would help with the production without the cost. Rather spread the Judon money around than all on him.

Honestly, quoting Vinnie Cerato (and calling him eloquent at that) doesn't do a ton to bolster your position.

Also, not a huge fan of the amorphous "spread the money around" argument. Much prefer some sort of tangible player/contract comparisons (i.e., "I would prefer player X at approx. $Y"). Otherwise it's too easy to handwave the argument and suggest that something better could be done without any sort of actual proposal. Yes, Judon playing under the cap is a lot of money, but it's also only one year, whereas most FA are going to need multi-year deals that come with bonus dollars that create future cap concerns. I definitely think there are reasonable alternatives to Judon, but I also think there's a lot of potential risk in each of those options that needs to be discussed.

I'd like to know a bit more about the future of cap roll over as well (something that doesn't get talked about nearly enough in salary cap discussions, IMO) as that changes the math on one of the options drastically.

Edited by sp6488

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

What could we get back for Griffin. I see the absolute most being a 4th? Could be for a player I guess. 

Offensive line comes to mind at this point! I’d take a guard, but unlikely we get someone that really impresses the fans. I can’t see us getting more than a 6th, maybe conditional 5th

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Would be interesting. Not sure if Osemele would be plugged in at RG though, he was always on the left side. 

Interesting. Depending on the contract and how healthy he is, I wouldn't mind bringing him back. However, I would at least like to get an idea of where his head is at before we sign him. Just didn't seem super passionate about football these past few years.

• Like 1

So now that we officially got our 3rd round comp pick for Mosley, that wraps up EDC's first year as a GM and by golly it's hard to imagine having a better first year than he did, from the Vedvik trade to the 3rd round comp pick for Mosley.

And it looks like it's gonna pick right up where he left off by getting us a draft pick for RGIII lol

• Like 5