2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

On 2020-02-21 at 4:48 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Dude is washed and wayyyyy overpaid. Don't want anything to do with him.

Something that did catch my eye today though - Titans not giving a 5th year tender to Corey Davis, meaning he's a FA after next year. Might be a good buy-low candidate to target now in a trade especially if they need to clear some money to get Tannehill, Conklin, and/or Henry's contracts done. 

Yes. YES. YES.

Had this same thought. I've been keeping tabs on him. He has games where he isn't involved at all but some games he looks sharp as heck. 

Big bodied receiver with good hands and good routes for a big fella. I'd love to see what he could do in our team 

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I would steer clear. I wanted him in the draft, but great WRs aren’t typically as reliant on great QB play to do well. Davis was outperformed by a rookie. He also came from a smaller school coming out where he dominated. I’m thinking the NFL jump was just too much. I think what Corey Davis provides we already have in Miles Boykin.

I disagree just a bit here. 

I think a lot of this has to do with system. If I remember correctly. We couldn't cover him to save our lives a few years ago in a game. So he's shown he CAN compete at this level. 

Boykin is still a question mark but he could very well come in and do good for us. I just this Davis is a low risk high reward target for our squad. 

• Like 1

I mean, it wouldn't be a huge shock. Simplifies some stuff on offense at least. The team could bring in a cheaper third option that they don't have to try and create snaps for. Shift a little more of the passing-game focus to the receivers outside and down-field. After another good receiver or two is brought in of course.

Not sure what realistic compensation for Hurst would be though. Probably a 4th? Then at that point you wonder how much sense that makes to give away a player of that caliber for so little in comparison. Andrews has had durability issues and Boyle is still one failed drug test away from a year suspension. Meh. Don't think I see a move made here unless the offer is more than expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I mean, it wouldn't be a huge shock. Simplifies some stuff on offense at least. The team could bring in a cheaper third option that they don't have to try and create snaps for. Shift a little more of the passing-game focus to the receivers outside and down-field. After another good receiver or two is brought in of course.

Not sure what realistic compensation for Hurst would be though. Probably a 4th? Then at that point you wonder how much sense that makes to give away a player of that caliber for so little in comparison. Andrews has had durability issues and Boyle is still one failed drug test away from a year suspension. Meh. Don't think I see a move made here unless the offer is more than expected.

Could we see a situation where he is traded for a tagged yannick or possibly Campbell with a restructured contract?

not sure what the eagles have that we’d be interested in

I already made my case in the GM mock thread, but I still don't think trading Hurst is all that wise - ofc based on the return.

A mid-high 2. round pick or a 3rd and 4th round pick and I can see a point, but a straight up 3rd round pick or less doesn't make sense. He is still a player with upside once Lamar learns to key in on him, he is versatile and could be the direct backup to either Boyle as the inline tight end or at Andrews slot position. Trading Hurst creates another need that we would either have to find in free agency (don't know if that would mean any cap savings) or in the draft and rookie tight ends take some time to get acclimated to the NFL.

Patriots also doesn't have much draft capital to work with, while the Jaguars on the other hand has some more value after the Ramsey trade

I'd have to think about it more but something like Hurst for Dede Westbrook is a deal that would at least be worth considering. Think I've said it before but one of the only ways it makes sense to me to trade Hurst is if we're bringing in a guy who we think can actually be a difference maker in our passing game. Westbrook may or may not be that level of player, but he's shown enough that it at least warrants a conversation. The other way I could see a trade with JAX working is if we're packaging Hurst with a tagged Judon to go get Ngakoue without having to give up any future draft picks. 

I don't see how a trade with the Pats would make sense unless we really wanted like N'Keal Harry or someone like that. They already gave up their 2nd rounder for Sanu and a late 3rd rounder isn't enough to me to go help a fellow AFC contender in that way. 

Trading Hurst sounds great until week 1 in  the 3rd quarter when Mark Andrews rolls his ankle for the 4th time and can't keep playing, then Nick Boyle becomes our primary TE. In reality, Hurst is a great security blanket for all the time Andrews misses on the field, and the only thing holding Hurst back from getting the ball is Roman coordinating plays to actually get him the damn ball.

I wouldn't trade him unless the comp was too much to turn down.

• Like 3

Yeah...i’d pass on a Hurst trade.

Guy does a lot more for our offense than it looks considering he’s a guy who blocks/runs routes pretty interchangeably. When it’s Boyle and Ricard in the game teams know we’re most likely running. Andrews lined up in-line is typically a play action pass because he can’t really block. When Hayden is in the game with either of those 2 looks teams can’t overwhelmingly key in on one or the other.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trading Hurst sounds great until week 1 in  the 3rd quarter when Mark Andrews rolls his ankle for the 4th time and can't keep playing, then Nick Boyle becomes our primary TE. In reality, Hurst is a great security blanket for all the time Andrews misses on the field, and the only thing holding Hurst back from getting the ball is Roman coordinating plays to actually get him the damn ball.

Agree. I'm not giving him up for less than a 2nd. He's a TE1 who is really cheap for 2 years plus an option year that will still be less than top of the market. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yea, something about a Hurst trade just feels wrong.

We all know the kind of weapon he can be- if utilized. On the flip side. If we aren't going to use him, we should trade him. Not for anything less than a good 2nd or as part of a deal for another difference maker though. Cause that's what he is when on the field- a difference maker. And you don't just give those away. He has elite hands and the speed to beat both LBs and DBs, YAC ability too.

Also, how badly do we want to give the Pats an offensive weapon? They're finally in a downswing and we want to aid the rebuild? By giving them a hyper efficient play making  Tight End? F that. The Pats have had enough hand outs from dumb teams shipping them talent.

Hayden Hurst- Drop Rate: 0.0%(1st), QBR when targeted: 117.6(8th), YPPR/YPRR: 2.44(6th).

Let's hope EDC plays this one right. 

• Like 1

Would prefer to work with Jacksonville over NE, but either can get it. My ideal scenarios:

JAX: Calais Campbell and a 3rd for Hayden Hurst. Obviously an extension would have to be agreed in principal prior to the deal. Campbell should give us 2 years at a huge need with probowl level play. We also acquire an additional pick which can be used on a replacement TE.

NE: 2020 3rd and future 2nd. The Patriots are desperate enough for weapons and seem to be desperate to win back Tom Brady for the next few seasons. They might be willing to sell the future to our benefit.

Obviously I’m the only one here in the pro-trade group. I think Hurst has become more and more vocal with regard to his lack of targets. While it hasn’t been a big blowout yet, I feel it’s coming down the pipe... and once it happens we will be dealing from a position of weakness. Right now we have the leverage to acquire top value. I think Hurst at this point is at a point where he could potentially supply us with two 3rd round picks in value. So even if we have to accept slightly less (3rd and 4th), I’m down.