Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How fast is Yannick out of there? What is value after his most recent battle Khan? 

1 minute ago, YogiBiz said:

How fast is Yannick out of there? What is value after his most recent battle Khan? 

Caldwell said last night he still hasn't got a firm offer so Yan better be prepared to play for us next year basically. 

If anything, I think the spat made it harder to see him traded.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Also, this indicates there is still a guy on the board we were cool with at 20 and he's still there. Silver expects a trade up tonight.

Wonder who that could be. Higgins? Pittman? Mims? Winfield?

29 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Caldwell said last night he still hasn't got a firm offer so Yan better be prepared to play for us next year basically. 

If anything, I think the spat made it harder to see him traded.

Yannick has already made it painfully clear he wants out. I don't think he cares to continue suiting for Jacksonville. Do they franchise him again next year? It was extremely messed up how they are handling the situation from a management stand point. 

If Yannick isn't lying, he told Khan he played his last game in Jacksonville and was told he would be allowed to test the market. Khan basically reneges on that deal and Tags Yannick anyways. Now, Yannick is doing the most he can to not only crater his value in the media but eat up close to 20 mill of your cap space. That y'all could have def used to fill other holes on the roster. Khan's plan has essentially back fired. The Jags will be lucky to get a 2nd at this point. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Yannick has already made it painfully clear he wants out. I don't think he cares to continue suiting for Jacksonville. Do they franchise him again next year? It was extremely messed up how they are handling the situation from a management stand point. 

If Yannick isn't lying, he told Khan he played his last game in Jacksonville and was told he would be allowed to test the market. Khan basically reneges on that deal and Tags Yannick anyways. Now, Yannick is doing the most he can to not only crater his value in the media but eat up close to 20 mill of your cap space. That y'all could have def used to fill other holes on the roster. Khan's plan has essentially back fired. The Jags will be lucky to get a 2nd at this point. 

He very well may have told Khan that. But if you think they just said, "Yeah, we're not going to tag you and hope everything goes great for you. No hard feelings!" then...

Sounds to me based on what I've read they've been open to moving him. But if an offer doesn't come in the door than you don't just release him. The players and league negotiated a deal with a tag. Ford who is far inferior with injury questions went for a 2 and Clark who is probably a slightly better all around player at the time but inferior pass rusher went for a 1 and 2 last year. You don't just let a guy walk for nothing if you have room to take on the tag #.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He very well may have told Khan that. But if you think they just said, "Yeah, we're not going to tag you and hope everything goes great for you. No hard feelings!" then...

Sounds to me based on what I've read they've been open to moving him. But if an offer doesn't come in the door than you don't just release him. The players and league negotiated a deal with a tag. Ford who is far inferior with injury questions went for a 2 and Clark who is probably a slightly better all around player at the time but inferior pass rusher went for a 1 and 2 last year. You don't just let a guy walk for nothing if you have room to take on the tag #.

Clark isn't an inferior pass rusher to Yannick in the slightest. Yannick has had a higher snap count than Clark for the past four years and Clark still out sacks him. Clark put up the same amount as pressures as him with 65 less snaps. Also Dee Ford is a better finisher than Yannick has been (when healthy). I wouldn't say Yannick is far superior to Ford. If anything that is closer to the value you should expect to get in return. But Clark is much better than Ngakoue.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarFr01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NgakYa00.htm

3 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Clark isn't an inferior pass rusher to Yannick in the slightest. Yannick has had a higher snap count than Clark for the past four years and Clark still out sacks him. Clark put up the same amount as pressures as him with 65 less snaps. Also Dee Ford is a better finisher than Yannick has been (when healthy). I wouldn't say Yannick is far superior to Ford. If anything that is closer to the value you should expect to get in return. But Clark is much better than Ngakoue.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarFr01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NgakYa00.htm

Yannick is right with Khalil Mack and top 5 in pressures in the NFL since his rookie year. He has outproduced everyone in his first 4 years in comparison to all the other edge rushers that have gotten paid recently in the pressures/sacks territory (regardless of the PT argument, he has).

Dee Ford had injury issues. Clark had off field issues. Yan is spotless in both departments and only 25 years old.

I'm easily taking Yan over either if you're asking me about a pass rusher. You can have your opinion on it, I'll have mine.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Chaisson still has room to develop and his speed to power is already good.  He might start off a little slow, but I think he's a monster in a couple years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Chaisson still has room to develop and his speed to power is already good.  He might start off a little slow, but I think he's a monster in a couple years.

They're going to play him at SAM on early downs. Rush him in a 2 stance on 3rd.

Really like that plan given he is raw in some areas. But the guy really came on down the stretch last year. 

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What the heck are you guys going to do with Yann?

Best-case scenario is they get a Day 2 pick for him this year.

Worst-case scenario is he refuses to report until Week 10, he shows up to accrue a year towards free agency, and they have to let him walk next year for nothing because a second tag will be too expensive.

• Like 1