Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

On one hand....holy damn. 

On the other hand...I can kind of see it. 

I’m not sure I can tbh. I guess a ton of 2nd and 3rd round grades? Draft at the the very top has its questions but I think it’s pretty deep personally. Guess if guys like Linderbaum, Karlaftis, etc. have round 2 grades from some teams it makes sense.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I’m not sure I can tbh. I guess a ton of 2nd and 3rd round grades? Draft at the the very top has its questions but I think it’s pretty deep personally. Guess if guys like Linderbaum, Karlaftis, etc. have round 2 grades from some teams it makes sense.

Also if Dallas is a threshold team when evaluating players, they may have some of these guys completely off their board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Pancakes just and he still throwing out BS lol.  Even if Walker isnt picked top 2 we would probably pass on him. 

Most teams seem to have him as edge 1/2 with Hutch. Not the first time I’ve seen Walker linked if he was there to HOU.

Charles Robinson said Walker and Hutch were the top 2 Edge/DL’s for NYJ as well.

this whole "x amount of players with 1st round grades" is going on historical grading scales that various teams use, at least that is how I am interpreting things.  the idea that teams only have 12-18 ish is not crazy given the lack of QB and IDL prospects.  

Feels like a fair number of small trades up/down 2-4 spots might be in the cards for draft night as teams try to get into a position to get 1 of the last players in their top tiers

47 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Also, some teams factor in positional-value into the equation no matter what.  They're not going to have ANY R1 grades on an NT unless they have the testing, tape, and production of a Haloti Ngata or Vita Vea.  They're not going to have a R1 grade on an off-ball LB that isn't a Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly.  They're not going to have a R1 grade on a safety that isn't Sean Taylor or a Woodson type (it's an viable reason why a prospect like Derwin James fell to #17 in his class).  If a prospect at a non-premium position isn't an out-and-out Top 3-5 prospect in his class AND the difference between him and what the team perceives as the "next best" 1-3 prospects at his respective position, some GM's just flatly are going to temper their grades accordingly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

hahaha definitely looks like Hutchinson to me. Can't believe they just darkened it rather than make a separate blacked out version.

Not going to rule out a possible troll attempt/him adding it in but,,,

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Also possible that the Jags social media person has zero idea who they’re picking 

For sure. But that’s definitely the same image they’ll put out when they name someone I’m pretty sure. Just odd as @kingseanjohnsaid to have a name put on an image and darkened while putting it out to everyone the day before.