Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, Forge said:

Just going to say...Baalke has made 3 first round selections on the defensive line...Aldon Smith, Arik Armstead, Deforest Buckner. 

His track record is pretty solid with this. 

Reportedly Brentson Buckner and Mike Caldwell (DL coach and DC) want Walker over Hutch as well. So it’s not just Baalke here either.

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm going to age myself here, but all this talk about Tariq Woolen and now Drake Jackson being surprise first round picks out of nowhere 24 hours before the draft reminds me of 2008.  That year I fell for this kind of stuff and put Arkansas State Safety Tyrell Johnson in the first round.  Of course he never went first round.  14 years later, I'm still bitter lol, and so I'm not taking the bait here.

• Like 3

Random guess from me: at least two teams will end up making three first round picks.

I’m particularly looking at the Jets (If they go Ekwonu and Johnson and then fail to get Deebo Samuel, I can see them packaging their two second rounders to come up to the early teens for a WR) and the Saints (Penning and Olave with their two picks, then trade back in for a QB)

8 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Walker at 1 and then Linderbaum at 33. Yes please.

That would be exquisite for the Jags. I think Walker makes a ton of sense for them at 1. He has inside-out versatility and is a + Calais Campbell. People rag on his production, but watch the game film and you see a truly VIOLENT edge setter with bend, burst, and length for days. The dude is a freak, but this isn’t Barkevious Mingo. He’s already a refined run defender and is elite at holding his gap, even en route to the QB. That’s a rare trait for young pass rushers.