Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

23 minutes ago, adamq said:

Levis is fascinating to me. Almost nobody seems to like him, in the fantasy community, TV pundits, or this board.. yet he is still assumed to be a top 10 pick by most of these same people 

How does he compare to Mac Jones as a prospect?

Better tools to work with than Mac Jones IMO.  Crazy take but if Mac was playing for Kentucky he wouldnt have been in consideration as a first round pick. Ironically thats where he was going to go before changing his commitment to Bama. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, adamq said:

Levis is fascinating to me. Almost nobody seems to like him, in the fantasy community, TV pundits, or this board.. yet he is still assumed to be a top 10 pick by most of these same people 

How does he compare to Mac Jones as a prospect?

I like Will Levis, but recognize he is a massive gamble.

English (character) A
Math (technique) F
PE (athleticism) A
History (how similar prototypes bust/pan out) F
Computers (projected upside) A
Preforming Arts (does this guy look like it) F

He needs summer school, but where he succeeds he looks great. He's not graduating with them Fs though. I want Richardson or Carter, but if we take Levis to learn behind Jimmy I wouldn't consider it problematic (mainly if those two are gone). If we take him and correct the F grades he becomes a very fine prospect and he shows potential like at his proday he had a dope release. It's just drilling the correct answers into him to the point you hope it sticks in live game play. He needs to have the obsession with football to master the mental aspect of the game and it doesn't matter if he doesn't have it mastered yet. He needs to have the give a damn to show up at 5am and leave late studying tape and learning why and what to  key off of. You only know if he has that through investigative scouting talking to coachings and teammates, and through the interviews.

If comparing to Mac Jones, Mac was a 3.0 GPA student where everything is a B, outside of an A in History and C in PE.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

English (character) A
Math (technique) F
PE (athleticism) A

Can you really say A for character when the consensus seems to be he came off as a massive D-Bag in the interviews at the combine?  Not saying he's an F, he's not punching women and stealing crab legs, but leader of men doesn't seem to be his profile either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

English (character) A
Math (technique) F
PE (athleticism) A

He needs summer school, but where he succeeds he looks great. He's not graduating with them Fs though. I want Richardson or Carter, but if we take Levis to learn behind Jimmy I wouldn't consider it problematic (mainly if those two are gone). If we take him and correct the F grades he becomes a very fine prospect and he shows potential like at his proday he had a dope release. It's just drilling the correct answers into him to the point you hope it sticks in live game play. He needs to have the obsession with football to master the mental aspect of the game and it doesn't matter if he doesn't have it mastered yet. He needs to have the give a damn to show up at 5am and leave late studying tape and learning why and what to  key off of. You only know if he has that through investigative scouting talking to coachings and teammates, and through the interviews.

If comparing to Mac Jones, Mac was a 3.0 GPA student where everything is a B, outside of an A in History and C in PE.

This was well written.

He gets an F for Nutrition because of his mayo in coffee thing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Can you really say A for character when the consensus seems to be he came off as a massive D-Bag in the interviews at the combine?  Not saying he's an F, he's not punching women and stealing crab legs, but leader of men doesn't seem to be his profile either.

I took his d-baggy public interview at the combine as being coached to show confidence because his gameplay didn't show that. If he looked passive he'd come across in a negative light. I think he'll be disliked by outsiders and loved by the team that takes him if he pans out. His personality, if he has that relentless passion for the game, would be a good fit with the Raiders. Us v. the world.

Without the confidence (ie. I have a rocket arm, why wouldn't I throw at the combine) his weird personality traits (ie. mayo in coffee) would be a lot bigger negative. He clearly believes in himself and there is enough red flags for others not to believe in him, if he didn't believe in himself I'd be all the way out.

53 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I took his d-baggy public interview at the combine as being coached to show confidence because his gameplay didn't show that. If he looked passive he'd come across in a negative light. I think he'll be disliked by outsiders and loved by the team that takes him if he pans out. His personality, if he has that relentless passion for the game, would be a good fit with the Raiders. Us v. the world.

Without the confidence (ie. I have a rocket arm, why wouldn't I throw at the combine) his weird personality traits (ie. mayo in coffee) would be a lot bigger negative. He clearly believes in himself and there is enough red flags for others not to believe in him, if he didn't believe in himself I'd be all the way out.

Yes, you want confidence, but the reports of him at the combine sound like a phony.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Without the confidence (ie. I have a rocket arm, why wouldn't I throw at the combine)

A lack of confidence seems to permeate every aspect of Will's game, exacerbated by injuries.  Among Stroud, Young, and Hooker, Levis has the strongest arm but rarely uses it (except in occasional 21-30 yard frozen ropes).  For the most part, he relies on his 2.58s release, getting the ball into his YAC WRs' hands quickly.  A quarter of his throws are to targets behind the line of scrimmage.  He is neither a statue nor an ominous running threat.  His trouble with bread-and-butter 10 yard passes makes Will the antithesis of the modern yardsticking QB.

Supportive coaching will help.  Levis will need solid blocking and WRs who can get open and downfield in a hurry.  RBs will appreciate his ability to punish encroaching defenses.  Best destinations?  Think Detroit, Tampa Bay, Dallas, San Francisco, et cetera.

46 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

A lack of confidence seems to permeate every aspect of Will's game, exacerbated by injuries.  Among Stroud, Young, and Hooker, Levis has the strongest arm but rarely uses it (except in occasional 21-30 yard frozen ropes).  For the most part, he relies on his 2.58s release, getting the ball into his YAC WRs' hands quickly.  A quarter of his throws are to targets behind the line of scrimmage.  He is neither a statue nor an ominous running threat.  His trouble with bread-and-butter 10 yard passes makes Will the antithesis of the modern yardsticking QB.

Supportive coaching will help.  Levis will need solid blocking and WRs who can get open and downfield in a hurry.  RBs will appreciate his ability to punish encroaching defenses.  Best destinations?  Think Detroit, Tampa Bay, Dallas, San Francisco, et cetera.

I agree which is why I opened with "I took his d-baggy public interview at the combine as being coached to show confidence because his gameplay didn't show that." He doesn't look confident watching him so I think they wanted him to show confidence in interviews to try and mask that as a coachable trait. He didn't display confidence in-game,  but if he comes across as confident in person perhaps with learning more of the mental aspect he could become confident.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am so bored.   

Start the draft already!

The draft would normal have happened by now but they moved it until the end of April to squeeze out two more weeks of NFL coverage. This is the time when most people already have had their fill of draft coverage/know what they want to know.

• Like 2