Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Interesting their really that high on Bijan to the Falcons over a defensive player?  The only way i see it is if Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Spoon, and Gonzo are all gone.   Which is possible if Levis and Richardson fall like they should out of the top 10.  But if even 1 of those 2 go top 7 then i find it hard to believe we take Bijan over any of those defensive top 10 guys.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:44 PM, BayRaider said:

If he gets past 6, Raiders aren’t touching him after the Ruggs stuff. And Atlanta doesn’t draft negative character guys. He could go 9 to Chicago. I think that’s his floor though. Probably gets drafted 5 to Seattle or 6 to Detroit. His ceiling is 4 to Indy. 

Atlanta has came off that negative character guy stuff as much as they use to be under TD and Quinn.  Carter has a very high chance to go to Atlanta if he falls to us. 

Here if Fontenot on character issues and the Carter thing

But how does Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot feel?

how he evaluates such concerns and the thorough process behind reaching a conclusion.

"I think it comes down to none of us are perfect," Fontenot said. "We're all flawed human beings, but do we love football? Are we passionate about what we do? And off the field, whether we've made mistakes - are we self-aware and are we constantly trying to improve?"

So now we are more so taking it a case by case scenario and talking to the person themselves to see what type of guy they are.  Which is EXACTLY the way we should have done it under TD and Quinn but mostly we just wrote them off it seems.    Fontenot and Smith are much more open to taking guys with some character flaws than in years past.

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m seeing a lot of buzz around Bijan Robinson to Atlanta - now the betting favourite.

Fit makes sense with Arthur Smith, but they already have Patterson and Allgeier?

Listing Patterson as a reason for not taking Bijan.....

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

I know Allgeier had a good year but we've seen already the propensity of teams moving off lower draft capital RBs 

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m seeing a lot of buzz around Bijan Robinson to Atlanta - now the betting favourite.

Fit makes sense with Arthur Smith, but they already have Patterson and Allgeier?

They're also gonna run the ball an unbelievable amount this year 

Dane Brugler put out a 7 round mock draft and I can't believe I never thought about Drew Sanders going to the Bills. I think that could be a really nice fit.

He's also got Zay Flowers to Baltimore, and I think that is one of those locked in picks. He's not getting past 22, and he will make it to 22, so he's going at 22.

There's a lot of smoke from multiple sources (Peter King, Lance Zierlein, Charlie Campbell) that Texans are seriously considering Tyree Wilson over a QB/Carter/Anderson. Of course its smokescreen season but these are in the know people and not just bored mock drafters willing something into existence. Would likely involve a trade down. Very interesting curveball if it comes to pass.

56 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

There's a lot of smoke from multiple sources (Peter King, Lance Zierlein, Charlie Campbell) that Texans are seriously considering Tyree Wilson over a QB/Carter/Anderson. Of course its smokescreen season but these are in the know people and not just bored mock drafters willing something into existence. Would likely involve a trade down. Very interesting curveball if it comes to pass.

That smoke is "we're still 10 days out from the draft and we need clicks".

• Like 4