Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

37 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Which is odd because you’d think if they like a QB enough to trade up for him, they would/should just take him at 2.

no way they should do that if they like Richardson and Levis.  I personally would just take Stroud but if they take Anderson at 2 then I could see them trading up from 12 and take Richardson/Levis.  

Edited by Texansfan713

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

no way they should do that if they like Richardson and Levis.  I personally would just take Stroud but if they take Anderson at 2 then I could see them trading up from 12 and take Richardson/Levis.  

Or maybe all the way back up to 3 to take Stroud. 👀

17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Or maybe all the way back up to 3 to take Stroud. 👀

I mean, they'd have to get back on the board pretty quick and with other needs to fill - would have to give up a lot of capital to do it. I know they have a lot of picks, but they also need them!

28 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I mean, they'd have to get back on the board pretty quick and with other needs to fill - would have to give up a lot of capital to do it. I know they have a lot of picks, but they also need them!

That was SF from 12 to 3 to get Lance.  Cost 2 future 1sts.  Not sure taking Anderson at 2 is worth send pick 12 + 24 first +25 first to get a QB at 3 ...that you didn't take at 2.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Lots have them then trading back up for a QB

Man, you do not play around when it comes to QB. Take your QB at 2 and manuever to trade back up for a pass rusher if you want, but not the other way around.

We've well passed the point though where you should stop believing any/every new piece of information regarding the draft. This is strictly misinformation season. We need a name for that date; it's like 3-4 days after the combine where everything new that comes out is garbage.

12 hours ago, swoosh said:

That's probably true. Players like Levis and Richardson are going to have huge grade spectrums across organizations depending on where they're at and their risk tolerance. You're either going to love or hate them. Unless we know who those three teams are (assuming the rumor is true), it's quite meaningless.

I guess that's a long winded way of saying does that really surprise anyone?

All over the place:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Will-Levis-QB-PennState

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Anthony-Richardson-QB-Florida

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Jonathan Mingo in the first before Quentin Johnston is pretty zany.

Not necessarily. That has been something I have been contemplating....if a player like Mingo or Tillman could be a "surprise" pick (to draftniks and media pundits) in round 1, possibly ahead of the bigger name in Johnston.