Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Stroud has been taken into the predraft ringer in this final stretch. As far as I can tell, its pure smoke, but anyone have any legit info on his predraft process? I guess a team wants him to fall but it seems all a bit too aggressive this close to the draft.

You're hearing things like "He's hard to coach", or "He's too quiet in interviews", or "The Georgia game is an outlier in big games".

I believe a lot of it is smoke, but it's also hard to say how some teams view things. So many coaches and FO personnel seem to be enamored by traits and interviews.

Richardson has "Madden Create A Player" tools.

Levis supposedly is interviewing well. (Put me firmly in the "who cares?" camp)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You're hearing things like "He's hard to coach", or "He's too quiet in interviews", or "The Georgia game is an outlier in big games".

I believe a lot of it is smoke, but it's also hard to say how some teams view things. So many coaches and FO personnel seem to be enamored by traits and interviews.

Richardson has "Madden Create A Player" tools.

Levis supposedly is interviewing well. (Put me firmly in the "who cares?" camp)

Its the timing mostly. Usually when info like that is legit, it leaks out much earlier via more credible sources (like Darnold struggling on the white board) but this time its much more sudden and at the optimal time to hurt his stock (enough to generate a narrative, not enough to let cooler heads prevail if its fake news). I'm not even a Stroud fan, just seems odd relative to other drafts.

9 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its the timing mostly. Usually when info like that is legit, it leaks out much earlier via more credible sources (like Darnold struggling on the white board) but this time its much more sudden and at the optimal time to hurt his stock (enough to generate a narrative, not enough to let cooler heads prevail if its fake news). I'm not even a Stroud fan, just seems odd relative to other drafts.

I legitimately believe Houston wants to trade out at #2 and perhaps Indianapolis wants Stroud to fall to #4, so it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of smoke is being set to drive up interest on guys like Levis and even Hooker to drive up the "supply" of quarterbacks taken in the first. Who knows, I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out in a week or so. :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I legitimately believe Houston wants to trade out at #2 and perhaps Indianapolis wants Stroud to fall to #4, so it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of smoke is being set to drive up interest on guys like Levis and even Hooker to drive up the "supply" of quarterbacks taken in the first. Who knows, I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out in a week or so. :) 

I'd love that if I was them.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Preference. I'll let someone else fall on the grenade that is the two dimensional football player if it's going to be in the first round. 

Forbes intrigues me once you get to the 20s, but I do prefer Banks if we went corner.

We’ve been linked to Stevenson a lot too but idk if we’d take him that high or not.

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think you're right.

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

At this point who is leapfrogging IND at 3 for Stroud?

I don't know, but if I'm a team that's interested, I wait til draft day to make sure he's even available anyway.

It might be Indy moving up to make sure they get him.  It'd be in AZ's interest to move down, especially if Anderson is already off the board.