Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

Looked up the top two.  Both have the Titans taking a QB.  And neither one is Stroud.

Thursday will not be fun.

Then Friday, I'll be on here talking about how, upon reconsideration, Levis/Richardson are actually really good picks.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I hope beyond all hope that the Colts take Levis because I hate the Colts and wish them nothing but misery for the next 20+ years.

One hunnid.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Throw in that he's 24 years old and couldn't beat out Sean Clifford, and I just can't start buying into him.

I'm not a fan of this kind of argument. Guys develop in school at different speeds, and there's coaching staff loyalty and other stuff like that too. People around here said the same thing about Jamo at Ohio State, and recent missteps aside, I don't think that argument holds water.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Looked up the top two.  Both have the Titans taking a QB.  And neither one is Stroud.

Thursday will not be fun.

Then Friday, I'll be on here talking about how, upon reconsideration, Levis/Richardson are actually really good picks.

One hunnid.

Charlie will have a new one by Thursday morning I bet.

26 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Charlie Campbell is the same one who's had the Lions taking Bijan at #6 since, like, November.

I think he was just spitballing. He has Witherspoon now

Just now, General Tso said:

Yeah but his whole last mock (i just read it) has a bunch of spiteful asides about how Bijan is the best player in the draft and he's basically putting him lower down now against his will because people hate running backs.

5 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah but his whole last mock (i just read it) has a bunch of spiteful asides about how Bijan is the best player in the draft and he's basically putting him lower down now against his will because people hate running backs.

I think there's a difference between predictive drafts and personal boards. I think he's switching to predictive now. It can still change by Thursday and honestly, he was wrong past pick 10 anyways lol.

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Charlie will have a new one by Thursday morning I bet.

I'm just finding solace in the fact that even the most accurate mocks get more wrong than right.

11 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm not a fan of this kind of argument. Guys develop in school at different speeds, and there's coaching staff loyalty and other stuff like that too. People around here said the same thing about Jamo at Ohio State, and recent missteps aside, I don't think that argument holds water.

Jamo was at best the fifth best receiver there and I stand by that

23 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

That would be surprising. Aside from his enormous frame, isn’t he pretty average as far as tackles go?

It's not just his length, which is pretty good. He also has good feet which is why he was a 5 star coming out of high school. He's also played RG as well as LT so he's seen as versatile too. He's 6'6" and 313 but can easily add another 10 lbs of good weight to make him more of a mauler on run downs. I'm pretty confident PJJ will be a very good NFL left tackle.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I liked Sample......as a rd 4/5 guy.  I talked myself into that could still work out, but injuries and ineffectiveness were what we got.

I wanted Dickerson so much over Carman, but I was able to drink the kool aid on Carman.

Credd Humphrey for me over Carman. Only in Cincinnati was Trey Hopkins considered a good NFL player.