Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

Or Oluwatimi.

I could honestly see someone projecting Bergeron to make that Joel Bitonio kind of transition from OT to early-career dominant guard and him getting the nod, but I don't know about him cracking the Top 25 picks.

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

J Brents but I think we take him in the last 4 picks

See, I think there's misconception between "guys the mock simulators have in the middle rounds" and "guys that pundits with at least some legitimate juice have in the middle rounds."  I've been hearing from the later that Brents is in late 1st conversation for more than a month now.

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

See, I think there's misconception between "guys the mock simulators have in the middle rounds" and "guys that pundits with at least some legitimate juice have in the middle rounds."  I've been hearing from the later that Brents is in late 1st conversation for more than a month now.

Eric Galko specifically mentioned Brents as a 1st round corner talent about 3 weeks or so ago. He seemed pretty comfortable pegging him as a likely 1st round pick.

30 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Eric Galko specifically mentioned Brents as a 1st round corner talent about 3 weeks or so ago. He seemed pretty comfortable pegging him as a likely 1st round pick.

Fairly certain Tony Pauline has had him as a 1st rounder for some time.

Will Anderson falling to 7 has become such a huge possibility. Wilson is going before Anderson in all likelihood, the odds have been juiced up for weeks in Vegas of that happening. I also think Seattle will go Richardson if he is there, regardless what the odds say. 

What I think personally happens on draft day:

1. Panthers - Bryce Young

2. Texans - CJ Stroud

3. Cardinals - Tyree Wilson

4. Colts - Will Levis

5. Seahawks - Anthony Richardson

6. Lions - Will Anderson Jr.

However, there have been rumors for weeks Lions love Devon Witherspoon and he is the pick. Witherspoon is the -135 favorite to go pick #6 to Detroit. Lions could pick Witherspoon with Anderson on the board, meaning Anderson comes to the Silver and Black. Anderson and Crosby.. wow. Best (potentially) pass rushing duo in the NFL. I'd be super excited. 

With that said. I don't agree with Vegas. If Will Anderson and Devon Witherspoon are both on the board, I think the Lions select Will Anderson Jr. 

Come on Draft Day, hurry up!

Pretty sure Will Levis line moving is basically draft betting version of Game Stop with a ton of people making minimal bets trying to get a lottery ticket, just this isn't a short squeeze situation. Bryce Young was so locked that the line probably was stale then a rush of bets taking an extreme long shot. The line moves just to hedge against dumb money and Vegas has guaranteed profit locked in. That said money was on Levis for 2/3/4 on trade ups (and Colts pick) so there is an off chance dumb reddit post just happened to time Indianapolis trading up to the Panthers on the somewhat low cost just to lock it in especially if Houston taking Tyree is real enough that Carolina thinks they get Bryce at 4 and have Young/Stroud/Richardson close enough in rankings to make the risk of 1->4 worst case scenario still work for them.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Fairly certain Tony Pauline has had him as a 1st rounder for some time.

Bottom line is, I definitely agree....the mass media pundits are like a school of fish chasing after the shiny object. There are a few of the lesser known draft pundits that seem to have a better understanding of how scouts, GMs, and coaches value certain players that are considered "under the radar" or not even on the radar of the mass media pundits

During the press conference today, Reich said he and Fitterer had a meeting last night, a "proposal" of sorts to lock in their final choice at #1. Strange coincidence last night is when Levis' stock went absolutely nuts. Smoke and all that, could be nothing, but could also actually seriously be Levis #1.

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Speaking of Arizona..

DJ Humphries, Josh Jones, Kelvin Beachum and Paris Johnson?
Paris and Jones for starters and trade Humphries for capital? So trade Humphries + Budda + Hopkins and have a secret stash of mid round picks no one expects? Be absolutely awful in 2023 as Murray recovers then trade pick one for everything your heart desires?