Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I find it hard to believe his upside higher than Anderson.  Not even trying to be biased since I hate Texas Tech. It's just something to strikes me about him that gives me Travon Walker vibes.

That's kinda the point.  You're drafting him largely on his physical tools and upside.  He's got 2" and 20 pounds on Will Anderson.  Pound-for-pound, I think you could easily argue he's the better athlete.

I wonder if there's any truth to this Levis to CAR rumor going around... he does seem like the best fit for what Frank Reich likes in a QB and the activity on the betting lines for which team will draft Levis is completely locked now (was +6000 for CAR which is obviously way too juiced for the books)... All that coupled with the odds swinging for #1 overall more in Levis' favor the past few days and I can't help but feel like something is up...

Edited by jetjuice

I do see why teams would like Levis. Hell, I like Levis. I think there is no believable, solid reason though why the Panthers would prefer Levis to Young. Young is their guy. In this class, making a huge jump like that from 9 to 1 could only be for Richardson or Young, and all signs point to Young. It is peak overthinking season.

I always try to remember the actual outcomes in relation to the rumors of the past leading up to draft day. This same stuff happens every year, but we forget about it. Normally, most picks are pretty predictable if you go in with a fresh mind and look back on rankings/thoughts from early March. There are a few notable exceptions, but most picks end up making sense.

• Like 1

Levis isn't the guy you trade up to #1 for weeks before the draft. If you really like him that much, you trade up on draft day/on the clock...so that 4-1 or whatever it is now with Levis at #1 is free house money for Vegas with more enticing odds.

• Like 1

ESPN's Dan Graziano believes the Ravens could trade up and take Texas RB Bijan Robinson in the 2023 NFL Draft. 

If Robinson slides outside the top-ten picks on Thursday night, Graziano said he would watch the Ravens as "a possibility to move up for him. Baltimore is focused on adding playmakers in an attempt to show Lamar Jackson it's serious about bringing him back and building a better offense around him." There remains a possibility that Jahmyr Gibbs, not Robinson, will be the first running back taken on Thursday -- a somewhat stunning development that could send Robinson well down the draft board.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No. I don't think any organization is that stupid. I don't even think Houston would take Levis at 2. The Colts might, given their handling of the QB position in recent years.

If there's a HC I expect could handle Levis or Richardson in the top 11 of this draft, it'd be Steichen. He did really well with both Herbert and Hurts.

9 hours ago, jetjuice said:

I wonder if there's any truth to this Levis to CAR rumor going around... he does seem like the best fit for what Frank Reich likes in a QB and the activity on the betting lines for which team will draft Levis is completely locked now (was +6000 for CAR which is obviously way too juiced for the books)... All that coupled with the odds swinging for #1 overall more in Levis' favor the past few days and I can't help but feel like something is up...

There is no truth to it. 

49 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

ESPN's Dan Graziano believes the Ravens could trade up and take Texas RB Bijan Robinson in the 2023 NFL Draft. 

If Robinson slides outside the top-ten picks on Thursday night, Graziano said he would watch the Ravens as "a possibility to move up for him. Baltimore is focused on adding playmakers in an attempt to show Lamar Jackson it's serious about bringing him back and building a better offense around him." There remains a possibility that Jahmyr Gibbs, not Robinson, will be the first running back taken on Thursday -- a somewhat stunning development that could send Robinson well down the draft board.

@Ray Reed @AFlaccoSeagulls I need a rebuttal here

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I do see why teams would like Levis. Hell, I like Levis. I think there is no believable, solid reason though why the Panthers would prefer Levis to Young. Young is their guy. In this class, making a huge jump like that from 9 to 1 could only be for Richardson or Young, and all signs point to Young. It is peak overthinking season.

I always try to remember the actual outcomes in relation to the rumors of the past leading up to draft day. This same stuff happens every year, but we forget about it. Normally, most picks are pretty predictable if you go in with a fresh mind and look back on rankings/thoughts from early March. There are a few notable exceptions, but most picks end up making sense.

I can think of 5" and 30 lbs of reasons.  

• Like 1