Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think a lot of people don’t realize the NFL has changed. You don’t need to be great passer. Hurts still isn’t the greatest passer, that scheme just opens up the passing game. But yes, Hurts has improved as a passer from Year 2 to 3 quite a bit. 

What Richardson needs is a great offensive minded HC, a year on the bench or majority of a year, and a scheme that fits his strengths/dual threat like Lamar and Hurts have had. By Year 3, Richardson can be a very good passer. 

I think it is crucial to note, projects like Richardson and Levis need to go to an offensive minded HC. A defensive minded HC with (likely) rotating OC’s will destroy these guy’s development. The Colts drafting Levis or Richardson will destroy them. The Texans drafting either guy is bad too. Stroud would be a solid fit on the Texans or Colts. Richardson would be a solid fit on the Seahawks (perfect fit in that offense), Lions, Raiders, Falcons. 

I've seen you post this several times and I completely disagree and there are QBs taken in every draft that debunk this notion. 

While scheme can make things easier, the QB still has to be able to throw with accuracy and anticipation. Using an example like Hurts also takes away how dedicated that man is. Not all players have that in their DNA. 

Since Josh Allen happened.... we are in a "I can fix him" renaissance at the QB position. As these prospects continue to miss, this era will fade.

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah you might just wanna sit this one out and have a movie night instead lol

I just watched Top Gun: Maverick for the 3rd time...maybe I should watch it a fourth tomorrow night.

Me on every single draft aside from the year we drafted Joe Thomas:

tumblr_f11f655b2c6057510b57dd78a1ea0011_

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EDIT: So basically he's Josh Allen with Lamar's speed (to a length)

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

not Allen who was playing garbage tier defense in the nation. 

Allen was also playing with garbage tier offensive players around him to be fair

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I see you two also want me to be miserable. Thank you.

I can't stand watching it on ESPN so YMMV.

But I will also be on a golf trip during the draft so I will watch zero of this draft.  First time since 2002 I have missed watching the draft.

• Like 1

Brett Kollman put out a mock draft in a what-I-would-do kind of style a few hours ago and had the Giants taking CB Cory Trice from Purdue at 25. I've literally heard nothing about this player. I had to look him up. NFL.com has him as a 4-5th round player, PFF has him ranked 77th overall (14th CB), TDN has him #165 overall (24th CB). Brett said he talked to Eric Galko specifically about Trice and said he ranked 22nd for them on their sans-QB board. Brett has him as CB5.

6'3" 205lbs, 4.47 40, 11' broad jump. Who is this guy?

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Brett Kollman put out a mock draft in a what-I-would-do kind of style a few hours ago and had the Giants taking CB Cory Trice from Purdue at 25. I've literally heard nothing about this player. I had to look him up. NFL.com has him as a 4-5th round player, PFF has him ranked 77th overall (14th CB), TDN has him #165 overall (24th CB). Brett said he talked to Eric Galko specifically about Trice and said he ranked 22nd for them on their sans-QB board. Brett has him as CB5.

I think he's Cory Trice, CB from Purdue?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah. That's fair. Lamar I would feel more compares to like the Deebo of QBs.

I feel like Lamar is Tyreek Hill of QB's. Lamar ain't trucking anyone.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I've seen a lot of love for him on day 2 in rounds 2/3, but haven't seen anyone put him in the first before. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I feel like Lamar is Tyreek Hill of QB's. Lamar ain't trucking anyone.

Yeah that’s probably a closer analogy for comparing Lamar Jackson and Anthony Richardson’s athleticism.

As mentioned Richardson is essentially the DK Metcalf of QB’s while Lamar Jackson is basically the Tyreek Hill of QB’s.

If we are being honest, Jackson’s athletic abilities flashed much brighter in college (and very likely the NFL as well). Much like Tyreek Hill’s rare athletic abilities have been put to use better than Metcalf’s. It’s not just that Lamar Jackson has excellent speed. His elusiveness and ability to time his moves and set defenders up, makes his athleticism translate more frequently on the actual football field.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've seen a lot of love for him on day 2 in rounds 2/3, but haven't seen anyone put him in the first before. 

I mentioned earlier that Eric Galko mentioned Brents as a 1st round corner and I remembered that he dropped another name that he seemed very confident would be a first round pick....you mentioning Trice kind of jogged my memory....I think it was Trice that Galko name dropped.

Edit....saw the Galko reference in the initial post.

Edited by nicfre2011
  • Like 1