Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

12 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

If the Cardinals can't get Joey Porter Jr tonight, I'm gonna cry.

Unfortunately, the Steelers have pick 32

There are teams that always just seem to have the draft/players fall right into their lap with what they need. The Steelers are one of those teams. I would be shocked if Porter Jr. wasnt the selection.

(how do they even have this pick?)

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

There are teams that always just seem to have the draft/players fall right into their lap with what they need. The Steelers are one of those teams. I would be shocked if Porter Jr. wasnt the selection.

(how do they even have this pick?)

I'll be more shocked if they keep the pick and don't trade back. Teams are apparently calling them left and right to move up. 

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'll be more shocked if they keep the pick and don't trade back. Teams are apparently calling them left and right to move up. 

This pick is always in super high demand between days one and two, and there's always talk about it, but it's seldom moved. The last time a team traded  down from this pick was 2015 (it was traded last year and 2017, but that was the team at 33 moving up). 

The value is probably not there for a lot of teams, to be honest. Likely a team has very few first round picks left on the board (if any). Moving down 5-6 spots likely gets you a 4th round pick. If I have a couple of first round grades left on the board, I'm probably not moving down and losing out on those for a 4th round pick. Value isn't there. Now, if you don't have any first round grades left, sure make a move for whatever...but I feel like teams often have 1 or 2 first round picks left at this pick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'd say Porter to Pittsburgh at 32 is happening. Forget about him being a Porter; the value at 32 where Porter wasn't supposed to fall matches with the Steelers needing more at CB.

Yep the only surprise would be it not happening. He was their pick at 17 if they didn’t go OT imo. Great value for them there. I’m envious