Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, Forge said:

Daniels to Washington would be much more comparable to Mac Jones to SF given he's been the leader for a good chunk of it and the voices were everywhere. 

McCarthy would be the trey Lance

Except Daniels has been the leader the clubhouse, not Maye.  It's the draftniks that are convinced that Maye was.  McCarthy seems to be more of a late addition to the mix.

3 hours ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

I'm watching the HBO miniseries Chernobyl right now and there are so many parallels between what happened there and the current New England Patriot's roster

That’s right! We need Stellan Skarsgaard to come help us.

Fantastic series btw. One of the best. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I feel like the trade scuttle on Aiyuk has definitely been picking up steam. 

Vibes here are the 49ers are willing to be open for business. 

I'm starting to think Aiyuk to New England, maybe? 

I hope so…

but have SF not learned to stop playing chicken with their stars’ deals? I feel like they’ll get it sorted soon 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except Daniels has been the leader the clubhouse, not Maye.  It's the draftniks that are convinced that Maye was.  McCarthy seems to be more of a late addition to the mix.

That's why Daniels is analogous to Mac Jones to SF who was pretty much the leader in the clubhouse over Fields the entire time based on "whispers" even though the draftniks thought that was stupid and it should have been Fields (Maye)

Then they took the upstart (Lance / Mccarthy) who was added late. 

Nobody was talking seriously about Lance as an option there until like the week before the draft. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's why Daniels is analogous to Mac Jones to SF who was pretty much the leader in the clubhouse over Fields the entire time based on "whispers" even though the draftniks thought that was stupid and it should have been Fields (Maye)

Then they took the upstart (Lance / Mccarthy) who was added late. 

Nobody was talking seriously about Lance as an option there until like the week before the draft. 

I definitely feel like it's either McCarthy or Daniels.  I'd have Daniels at 85% likely, 14% chance it's McCarthy, and 1% it's Penix or Maye.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I hope so…

but have SF not learned to stop playing chicken with their stars’ deals? I feel like they’ll get it sorted soon 

It's really hard to say. I don't think that part of them is changing any time soon. For as good as Aiyuk is, he's not Bosa and that didn't stop them from taking that deal down to the wire either. 

I mentioned in the niners thread that it's hard to know if this is real chatter  for a possible trade, or if this is just the chatter starting to crescendo because the draft is the natural deadline and inflection point for what happens. If they don't move him by Friday, he's not going anywhere this year, so it makes sense that the chatter is going to go into overdrive now. Same happened with Deebo. 

Florio indicated that the niners may have given Aiyuk's agent to find a deal in the league....the last time I Know for sure that they did that was with Buckner, who they did ultimately trade. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I think Maye would be Lance (highest ceiling).

It wasn't in reference to them as players, it was in reference to how the pre-draft build up played out. 

• Like 1