New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

give it a break clown, Mayock and Gruden have even praised him. 

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They praised Mack too you idiot.

Here is a warning for both of you.  Insults will not be tolerated here.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

@BayRaider Making sure you're seeing this. Because in your own words you've "seen it" that Carr doesn't work hard at his craft:

“Derek [Carr] is the most relentless leader I’ve ever been around in any facet of my life,” Ingold said on Eddie Borsilli’s Yards Per Attempt podcast. “Just showing up hours before everybody else… he has meetings, before the meetings, before the meetings. He’s always in the film room. Seeing the work that that guy does, it makes me want to be better for him.”

• Like 4

I think the thing with Mack is that his value was higher as a trade. I personally think Carr is most valuable to the Raiders. There’s been a big emphasis on knowing the playbook which is in Carr’s favor. I don’t think Gruden wants to start over from scratch with another QB who doesn’t know his offense. Learning the Gruden offense is insanely difficult due to verbiage. This is why Mayock has been saying they want a smart WR who knows all of the WR spots. Imagine how much more so they want a smart guy who’s throwing the ball. I think unless they get something big like Mack level, they won’t just trade him. 

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think the thing with Mack is that his value was higher as a trade. I personally think Carr is most valuable to the Raiders. There’s been a big emphasis on knowing the playbook which is in Carr’s favor. I don’t think Gruden wants to start over from scratch with another QB who doesn’t know his offense. Learning the Gruden offense is insanely difficult due to verbiage. This is why Mayock has been saying they want a smart WR who knows all of the WR spots. Imagine how much more so they want a smart guy who’s throwing the ball. I think unless they get something big like Mack level, they won’t just trade him. 

Might just be me, but the idea the team is tied to a QB because of how difficult Gruden's offense is to learn is mind boggling. 

Maybe he should make his offense more accessible to QBs coming in so he can craft the offense to the right skill set?

If it's so hard to grasp that it takes 2 years and you'll ride with an average QB because of it, that's a problem IMO.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

@BayRaider Making sure you're seeing this. Because in your own words you've "seen it" that Carr doesn't work hard at his craft:

I always wondered where his theory of Carr on this subject came from. It goes against every report about him every year since he came in the league...

I usually just write it off as more "BayRaider Banter" and move on. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Might just be me, but the idea the team is tied to a QB because of how difficult Gruden's offense is to learn is mind boggling. 

Maybe he should make his offense more accessible to QBs coming in so he can craft the offense to the right skill set?

If it's so hard to grasp that it takes 2 years and you'll ride with an average QB because of it, that's a problem IMO.

I honestly don't feel like it's as hard to learn for DC as people are making it out to be.  I think the bigger impact on the offense last year was the fact that our entire WR corps was learning the offense for the first time as well.  T. Williams, Renfrow, the rotating door of WRs around them, all in their first year in the offense.  I believe D. Waller had a year to learn the offense before last year, so that was a major part in why he did so well.  It's why Renfrow turned on at the end of the season.  I think Williams, Renfrow, and Waller will continue to do great things and our FA/Rookie WRs will struggle for the first half of the year regardless of who they are.  We'll see, but it's not just the QB that is learning this extremely complex offense.  I think the WRs learning the offense played a major part in some of the terrible plays that occurred, where DC believed they'd be in a certain spot and weren't, that makes a huge difference.  There were times I remember DC looking at Renfrow like WTF?   So yeah, It's not just the QB that has to learn the offense.  I think our offense is going to take steps towards positive improvement and we'll see a jump from several key players on offense.  Just like that J. Jacobs fumble on the toss.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's literally the worst argument to keep a qb. I'm see logic in every other argument. Age  (ok), money (make sense), lack of better options( cool). Playbook(ugh). If it takes every qb in league 2 years to have a chance to play at a decent level with your playbook. Change that crap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I always wondered where his theory of Carr on this subject came from. It goes against every report about him every year since he came in the league...

I usually just write it off as more "BayRaider Banter" and move on. 

Yup,  @BayRaider 100% made it up to discredit Carr as if nobody is paying attention. Carr's work ethic has never been questioned. He's been known as a hard worker since day 1.

I'm not even a Carr guy and I have to defend him against complete lies that some try to use against him.

• Like 6