2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol good luck with that

Don’t know what makes you think otherwise. We can tag him until he’s 28, at which point he’ll have a ton of tread. He’s also a one dimensional back in a passing league. Some of you guys seem to be convinced he has way more leverage than he does.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Don’t know what makes you think otherwise. We can tag him until he’s 28, at which point he’ll have a ton of tread. He’s also a one dimensional back in a passing league. Some of you guys seem to be convinced he has way more leverage than he does.

He’s coming off a season where he led the whole league in rushing. He single handily led this franchise to somewhere it hasn’t been in 20 years. He’s the heart and soul of the whole team. You can debate about what to pay him all you want but no way he’s taking that much less than McCaffrey. McCaffrey is a better offensive weapon but certainly isn’t the better RB.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He’s coming off a season where he led the whole league in rushing. He single handily led this franchise to somewhere it hasn’t been in 20 years. He’s the heart and soul of the whole team. You can debate about what to pay him all you want but no way he’s taking that much less than McCaffrey. McCaffrey is a better offensive weapon but certainly isn’t the better RB.

Christian McCaffrey just had 2,500 yards from scrimmage at 23 years old with a combination of a washed Cam and Kyle Allen at QB.  I love Henry. A contract that pays a one-dimensional back until he’s 30 shouldn’t even be in the same ball park as one that pays the age 24-27 seasons of one of the most versatile players in the history of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

McCaffery no question is better than Henry how is this a debate 

Do you know how many times McCaffery got stuffed near the goal line for the Panthers last season and lost those games? There's at least two different games that I recall off the top of my head. Overall, sure, maybe he's better when factoring receiving, but there's certain things I'd absolutely take Henry to do.

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Do you know how many times McCaffery got stuffed near the goal line for the Panthers last season and lost those games? There's at least two different games that I recall off the top of my head. Overall, sure, maybe he's better when factoring receiving, but there's certain things I'd absolutely take Henry to do.

Henry is better physical punishing runner no doubt about that, but I’m talking overall skill. Other than breaking tackles what is Henry better than Mcaff

I love Derrick Henry as a Titan no question and glad he will be back. However, if you think McCaffrey is not better you are delusional I am sorry. In a very much passing league McCaffrey is the best catching RB in the NFL and he is also a work horse for their running game.

Henry is bigger and can be more punishing but McCaffrey is one of the best weapons in the NFL regardless of position. If he only gets 16 per year and he can do it all Henry should not be getting more than 13 imo.

Edited by Titan89
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

I love Derrick Henry as a Titan no question and glad he will be back. However, if you think McCaffrey is not better you are delusional I am sorry. In a very much passing league McCaffrey is the best catching QB in the NFL and he is also a work horse for their running game.

Henry is bigger and can be more punishing but McCaffrey is one of the best weapons in the NFL regardless of position. If he only gets 16 per year and he can do it all Henry should not be getting more than 13 imo.

I agree 100% with your thoughts on McCaffrey.

But that's not how nfl contracts go. It's all about media money, agents building their names up, etc. 

Henry will get similar total numbers probably... Maybe 15M...but will probably get about 13M per for 2-3 years. It's about the guarantee. 

I'm curious to see what % of CMCs money is guaranteed (I'm assuming higher than any RB has gotten). It's also an extension, so they'll use this year's cap to spread some of that cap hit over 5 years, not 4. He was slated to earn about 2.5M this year, but I'm assuming he'll get amother 15-20M in cash this year, some which will prorate over the life of the contract. 

• Like 2