Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I’m surprised there’s not more discussion of Williams being robbed of SMVP.  100+ yards 2 total TDs.

Because the 9ers were playing "pick your poison" defense. 

They chose to limit the Chiefs to 10 yards at a time instead of 30-50 yard downfield pass plays from Mahomes.  The 9ers secondary spent most of the game chasing the Chiefs receivers deep downfield.

Stopping the big play was their priority defensively and for the most part it worked.  By nature it made short pass and run plays relatively easy.  It's why Mahomes was able to scramble for 10+ yards at a time.

Even on his last TD run all Williams had to do was follow his blocks and run straight into the endzone.  

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When you extend this stat all playoff games, it becomes even worse at 83-23, including 11 unanswered points as the Redskins OC against the Seahawks to lose 24-14 back in 2012

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, showtime said:

It's crazy how many people are placing the blame solely on Kyle Shanahan.  People reference the 28-3 Falcons vs Patriots Superbowl.  What about the defense?  The Falcons were up 28-3.... the defense gave up a crap ton of points.  Why is that Shanahan's fault?  I get he should have called more runs, but Matt Ryan took the dumbest sack in the history of football.

In terms of last night, the Niners have an elite defense and gave up 21 points in 7 minutes.  How is that on Shanahan?  Should they have ran the ball more in the 4th quarter?  Probably. 

Am I saying that Shanahan is blameless?  No.  But people are going way too overboard with how much they're blaming him.  Coming into the game, the Chiefs defense had been playing really well the previous 5-6 weeks.  Even the Titans couldn't just force feed Derrick Henry. 

That's a strong point.  Jimmy was effective passing the ball when they were building their 10-point lead in the second half.  It wasn't like Shanahan switched to something that hadn't been working.  It's usually smart to stay aggressive against a team like the Chiefs.

Had he tried to run and it didn't work everybody would have said he got conservative and played into the hands of the Chiefs who were expecting the run.

Listening to Movin the Chains on SiriusXM, both agree that OPI was only called on Kittle because he’s a big TE and not a WR. That type of contact happens all the time, and OPI can be called on nearly all these touch-battle plays. The DB didn’t have his head around and it had zero impact on the play. 

The above is obviously debatable, but they also agree Williams was out of bounds at the 1 and it should of been 4th and Goal. That is not debatable. It shouldn’t of even been something that’s inconclusive. Frame by frame his foot is clearly out of bounds before touching. 

I don’t know if these change the game, and not trying to steal the Chiefs glory, but during a Super Bowl it’s just pretty inexcusable. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Listening to Movin the Chains on SiriusXM, both agree that OPI was only called on Kittle because he’s a big TE and not a WR. That type of contact happens all the time, and OPI can be called on nearly all these touch-battle plays. The DB didn’t have his head around and it had zero impact on the play. 

The above is obviously debatable, but they also agree Williams was out of bounds at the 1 and it should of been 4th and Goal. That is not debatable. It shouldn’t of even been something that’s inconclusive. Frame by frame his foot is clearly out of bounds before touching. 

I don’t know if these change the game, and not trying to steal the Chiefs glory, but during a Super Bowl it’s just pretty inexcusable. 

1. It was OPI. There wasn't a "touch-battle", it was just Kittle pushing/extending Sorenson.

2. Out of bounds before touching what? Any part of the ball has to cross the goal line and it did.

I know you root against KC but it's over. They won.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Man I have felt like a million bucks all day long. Is it like this the whole offseason?

Yeah I think there's a bit of a drop off after the draft, and a bit more of a drop off after your first preseason game. I'd say more than anything else is that it takes a few weeks to really sink in and fully come to appreciate and realize what has actually transpired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

1. It was OPI. There wasn't a "touch-battle", it was just Kittle pushing/extending Sorenson.

2. Out of bounds before touching what? Any part of the ball has to cross the goal line and it did.

His foot was out before the ball crossed the plane. Clear as day if you do frame bu frame. The OPI is debatable but that is not. 

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Thank you for saving me the time to respond to him. He's wrong on both counts.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

His foot was out before the ball crossed the plane. Clear as day if you do frame bu frame. The OPI is debatable but that is not. 

The replays I saw on TV did not show clearly and without doubt that his foot was out before the ball crossed the plane.

There was one view where it seemed to show he very possibly put his foot out before TD but it was not clear cut evidence.

People like to ***** about the refs but they were excellent yesterday.

• Like 1