Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

You're really acting like the Chiefs weren't down to a < 5% of winning during the 4th quarter. You're just lucky the 49ers weren't able to close the game out.

You guys won in spectacular fashion, but it was far from the sure thing you're acting like it was. 

He was acting pre game like it was going to be a blowout and the OL would shut down the SF D line(reality: Mahomes was sacked 4 times, fumbled twice,  was picked off twice, and had just 181 passing yards before the 3rd and 15 bomb to Hill.

Notice he was nowhere to be found while the Chiefs were down 10 

7 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Minor curiosity since I stopped to do something else for a few minutes after that final Jimmy G pick: Why did Mahomes end up kneeling down from 5-7 yards, and what was up with that play marked an incomplete pass on 4th down?

They didnt want to punt. traditional kneel downs would have forced a punt with a few seconds left.

On 2020-02-03 at 9:10 AM, Kirill said:

Thats why if I was a 49ers fan I would have been losing my mind at Shanahan running 1:20 off the clock to go into halftime instead of trying to get some points on the board. You gotta get as many points as you can against Mahomes, and the Chiefs defense is notoriously better in the 2nd half, so strike before they can make adjustments.

People were already showing concern about his tendency to turtle up against MIN and GB even when both of these games were basically in the bag for SF by the second half. I don't think all of the blame should fall solely on him for this loss (add to this that this Chiefs D is seriously slept on and played lights out on sunday) but I do believe he deserves the biggest share of it.

• Like 1

Probably why I'm more ticked with Shanahan before halftime compared to what happened in the 4th. Felt like the Chiefs defense and lack of execution from the 49ers offense was more so responsible than Shanahan's play calling at that time. Before halftime though was just inexcusable. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/what-kyle-shanahans-fourth-quarter-super-bowl-play-calling-should-tell-us?fbclid=IwAR28eeyehpd20usQmrVkOmWM4EueVIh3Pcd4z4--f4q__HqSHy2qQ2xq5QY

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, HolmesPriest said:

I'm just happy I can go back to work and still wear my Chiefs hoodie :D 

I still wear my 49ers sweater, in fact wore it yesterday during lunch. The loss hurts but i'm proud of my team, will always rep them, will always cheer for them, and hope next year has a better outcome. Rooted for them since i was 7 and it'll never change.

Congrats to the Chiefs on the SB win! Its a great moment as a fan, enjoy it :) 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I still wear my 49ers sweater, in fact wore it yesterday during lunch. The loss hurts but i'm proud of my team, will always rep them, will always cheer for them, and hope next year has a better outcome. Rooted for them since i was 7 and it'll never change.

Congrats to the Chiefs on the SB win! Its a great moment as a fan, enjoy it :) 

Gross. As a rule of thumb I think all redskins, eagles, steelers and 9ers gear is best used as kindling to start a fire. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

With all due respect to Reid, the Chiefs always seem to really get it going once they go no-huddle.

Mahomes called the 3rd and 15 play to Hill that saved the game.

Reids great but he needs to get out of his own way sometimes. 

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Gross. As a rule of thumb I think all redskins, eagles, steelers and 9ers gear is best used as kindling to start a fire. 

And cowboys gear is best used as toilet paper by the homeless of San Francisco