SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

We need to get this lady and her family to Miami.

104 years old. She has literally seen the entire franchise from start until now. She was 31 when the 49ers were founded in 1946, and 66 when they won their first Super Bowl in 1981. That's nuts. What a fan. Her memorabilia collection must be absurd. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 4

OK so, follow me with this one for a second because this is gonna get a little hairy. 

Ruben foster. We all know what happened. The guy is an idiot for continuing to see that insane woman, guilty or not. He brought her to the team hotel the night before our game in Tampa and was alone with her. Dumb dumb dumb. She accuses him (again) and we cut him within 10 hours later. 

The Redskins being the Redskins claim him on waivers. This sent the signal to someone out there that the NFL doesn't care about domestic violence. 

Literally the next day Kareem hunts video gets released. The chiefs promptly cut him. I think these things are somewhat causal, the stance of the NFL and the Redskins ticked someone off who had the video and leaked it. 

Thank God we don't have to play everyone on this offense plus Kareem hunt. They don't have much of a running game but that would not be the case if he were there. Would have been a lot harder to stop them inside the 10 yardline. That dude breaks tackles at a super high rate and had amazing hands. He was trustworthy in the sense he basically never fumbles (never fumbled in college, fumbled his first career carry and literally hasn't since). I feel like we are going to be able to get the ball out of shadys hands (if he plays). 

The fact Kareem hunt isnt there means we can make them extremely one dimensional. 

I was super pissed at the time when the chiefs cut Kareem because I had a super team in fantasy and was slated to win 2.5k if I finished in 1st. they cut him and I lost in the first round (I scored 300 more points than 2nd. Had mahomes, hunt, kamara, hill, diggs, cooks, bears defense, Harrison butker, absolutely stacked considering I had literally the entire chiefs offense and their kicker) But now I am super glad that Ruben foster set off the chain of events that caused hunt to get cut because that certainly helps the odds I get my first ring 

Crazy how things are tied together sometimes

Edited by N4L

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Kyle's most recent presser. Falcons fans probably gonna get triggered with some of Kyle's comments about the last Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_CBIHKtF4

Why would they be triggered?? They know very well what happened and that their defense has more liability for that outcome than Kyle's offense. They also know had Freeman not missed a free blitzer, history looks@Shanny, Ryan, Quinn, and that Falcons team quite differently. 

At the time, I really had no issue with how Kyle called the game. Maybe he should have called one less pass instead of run during that critical stretch late in the 4th but as I recall, they were not running the ball that great the entire game. They had been a aggressive team that entire season. He stayed true to their identity. They just didn't execute when it mattered most.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Why would they be triggered?? They know very well what happened and that their defense has more liability for that outcome than Kyle's offense. They also know had Freeman not missed a free blitzer, history looks@Shanny, Ryan, Quinn, and that Falcons team quite differently. 

At the time, I really had no issue with how Kyle called the game. Maybe he should have called one less pass instead of run during that critical stretch late in the 4th but as I recall, they were not running the ball that great the entire game. They had been a aggressive team that entire season. He stayed true to their identity. They just didn't execute when it mattered most.

Go to the Falcons reddit. Anything Shanahan comes up it's usually FKS. Most of the posts there in regards to him are pretty much pinning the SB loss on his shoulders. 

On 2020-01-20 at 12:36 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Back to the Sherman/Revis banter, it is actually baffling how people think we are just in zone all game. Like often times, our corners are on a complete island. We will run some sort of zone on one side and then man coverage on the other with a single high safety. This is why when you see deep shots, often times no safety is in sight. So while technically we can be in zone coverage, doesn't mean one of our corners isn't in man coverage. 

What annoys me is when people assume playing zone means just standing there and waiting for the ball. A corner playing a zone is actually covering his man within that zone. He's man to man within that zone. The difference being that in the first seconds of a play, he might pass off his receiver to someone else, and he might pickup someone else's receiver. If anything, it's harder. You play a man for two seconds, then recognize the situation, switch, then man-cover another player. I feel like the good ol' Tampa 2 defenses had more corners just standing around in a zone all day long. But the defenses Seattle had and we have are much more complex than that, and require a lot more than just sitting in a zone, with eyes on the QB, waiting to break on a route à la Asante Samuel. 

51 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Go to the Falcons reddit. Anything Shanahan comes up it's usually FKS. Most of the posts there in regards to him are pretty much pinning the SB loss on his shoulders. 

I don't do Reddit but I'll take your word for it. Its very short-sighted to blame the OC when the OC is the reason you were there to begin with. That team doesn't sniff a SB appearance w/o Shanny's offensive wizardry. That's further been proven since their team success pretty much disappeared the moment Shanny got on a plane, headed to Santa Clara. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't do Reddit but I'll take your word for it. Its very short-sighted to blame the OC when the OC is the reason you were there to begin with. That team doesn't sniff a SB appearance w/o Shanny's offensive wizardry. That's further been proven since their team success pretty much disappeared the moment Shanny got on a plane, headed to Santa Clara. 

I went back and looked. Their defense, number wise, was bottom tiered. 27th in points allowed and 25 in yards. Not saying Kyle didn't make his fare share of mistakes in that game but the overall body of work still says no kyle no SB.

• Like 1

Was listening to Golic and Wingo this morning on ESPN sports talk radio and they had Raheem Mostert on the show.  He talked about his injury, being cut so many times, how he overcame all that, an ego-less RB squad, and the fact that neither he, nor Jimmy G, knew how many rushing/passing yards they had against Green Bay until sometime in the 3rd quarter.  Wish I could find a link to it to post here.  Fantastic interview. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Forge said:

It's already happened. And rightfully so, I suppose. Though it drives me up the wall that people / media for some reason continue to put that square at the feet of Shanny as though the Falcons defense didn't give up 31 straight points or the players didn't make some really bad decisions (such as the holding penalty, sack, etc). He deserves his share of the blame, but it takes an entire team to self destruct in that manner. 

Agreed. I get the 'his share of the blame' stance. But only up to a point. If he called solid plays that should have worked but weren't executed correctly or the Pats staff started to figure out the offense after 3 quarters then that's not his fault. 

16 hours ago, struby3 said:

Was he ever actually dating her? Or just getting some while the getting was good?

"I declared that they were going to make it to the Super Bowl,” Mia recently told TMZ. “He’s phenomenal, he’s talented, he’s a born star.”

At least I think that's what the last two words were? 😉

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/super-bowl-betting-history-odds-spreads-over-under-results

Looking at the betting lines for all the Super Bowls, it's insane that the Niners were freaking -18 vs the Chargers...and more than did enough to cover that huge spread lol. Like you can have the best team face off against the worst team in the league and the spread doesn't get that high. Amazing. 

• Like 2