2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

8 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

prime opportunity for a vet min prove it deal imo. Worth a tire kick

Got no problem with that … point being, how much jail time and/or NFL suspension time is he going to serve before he can get back on the field?

Edited by coachbuns

25 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Got no problem with that … point being, how much jail time and/or NFL suspension time is he going to serve before he can get back on the field?

Thats a sizeable chuck of weed. If they throw the book at him? If its deemed he intended to distribute it (rather than inhale it all LOL) he could be gone for awhile.

29 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Max of 20 first-time offender means a quarter of the time served so he might get 5 years and then out in like 2 and a half if hes a good boy.

That's if they throw the book at him.

....and that's when we'll strike with the vet min offer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I would if the price was reasonable.  He was a frickin tank in the middle. 

Agreed. He'd be a great, cheap pick-up if we can make it work. We're looking for a stop-gap to create piles in the middle of the field in order to mask our deficiency at ILB.

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I would if the price was reasonable.  He was a frickin tank in the middle. 

I'd let free agency play out for him.  There are other DLs out there that can also play the run while offering pass rush.  He wouldn't be my first choice to add, but if the market dries up a little then I'd look.  

Guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather spend more on a DL who can do both.  But he is a name to watch.