2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I know you're being facetious, but Kiper is the only person besides you who isn't saying the class sucks.

Are you ok with spending our top 4 picks on a back-up QB, RB, and HB?

More importantly, are you ok with LF re-making this team in the image of the Tenesee Titans?

No way to sugarcoat this! I was fine with the first round QB. Always better to be in front of that position with a guy who can develop. The 2nd round RB and 3rd round H-back/fullback are complete jokes of picks IMO. 

To quote Vince Lombardi, "what the hell is going on out there!" 

No 4th round pick so now we're throwing darts at a dartboard hoping we hit a bullseye on day three. I didn't expect to come out of this draft super excited based on where we were drafting, but didn't think I'd come out of it pissed off either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Are you ok with spending our top 4 picks on a back-up QB, RB, and HB?

More importantly, are you ok with LF re-making this team in the image of the Tenesee Titans?

I don't hate the Jordan Love pick. Between Gary and Love, the Packers appear to have a policy that rookies shouldn't be starting or even carrying heavy snaps at premium positions. I kinda understand that philosophy. I don't necessarily think it's reasonable, but that's where we are. 

I hate the Dillon pick. I don't hate Dillon, I just don't see anything that tells me the full talent collection is anything that stands out from a guy we could have drafted in the fourth round. I understand the appeal of a big guy who can run the outside zone. I just don't love the value.

I don't know enough about Deguara to have a strong opinion on him other than I don't like his athletic metrics for TEs, though maybe that's just an instance of the weird testing this year. 

+++

I think Packer fans expected Gute and LaFleur to go into this draft looking to fill holes. I think instead what they did was come in looking to build a roster around an organizational philosophy. 

It sucks to not patch holes on your boat when your boat is still a decent boat and overachieved and got pretty close to the finish line last year. 

But the guys in charge don't like the kind of boat we have and want to build a different kind. It sucks, but that's life in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You ever gonna get used to running the ball on 2nd and 8 ??  It ain't goin away. It's the bread and butter baby

No, I'm going to die resentful of it, but I learned to accept TE flare routes out of the slot on 2nd and 8 to Richard Rodgers. I might be able to come around on this. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

No way to sugarcoat this! I was fine with the first round QB. Always better to be in front of that position with a guy who can develop. The 2nd round RB and 3rd round H-back/fullback are complete jokes of picks IMO. 

To quote Vince Lombardi, "what the hell is going on out there!" 

No 4th round pick so now we're throwing darts at a dartboard hoping we hit a bullseye on day three. I didn't expect to come out of this draft super excited based on where we were drafting, but didn't think I'd come out of it pissed off either. 

Ha, I'm pretty much the opposite. If the Packers would have stayed pat at 30 and taken the best WR, DL or CB available, I'd be perfectly fine with this draft so far. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, I'm going to die resentful of it, but I learned to accept TE flare routes out of the slot on 2nd and 8 to Richard Rodgers. I might be able to come around on this. 

You're better than I if you can. I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a JK Scott door poster