2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd throw 94 at TB for him, especially given that TB needs OL and RB help; both positions of which will be there in both value and abundance at that point. 

On the other hand, I can't help but think that TB would want to keep him given that Gronk is essentially a short-term rental, and that Howard's a lot more agile than Gronk is at this point. Gronk is there to provide chemistry.

A 3rd round pick for a 1 year rental at $3.5m - 35 catches and 1 td ??  I must be missing the punch line

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A 3rd round pick for a 1 year rental at $3.5m - 35 catches and 1 td ??  I must be missing the punch line

I think it's gonna cost more like a 5th otherwise he wouldn't be that available.  Bucs just gave up a 4th for Gronk, so they must feel like he's worth something similar or worse.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I think it's gonna cost more like a 5th otherwise he wouldn't be that available.  Bucs just gave up a 4th for Gronk, so they must feel like he's worth something similar or worse.

I don't take on that contract / production / rental for free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't take on that contract / production / rental for free.

i mean that's just asinine and dumb.  Of course you would.  Howard is a competent, above average NFL tight end with significant significant upside.  Significant.

OJ Howard had the single most efficient season in 2018 over the past 3 years.  11.77 yards per target.  Per target!  And it wasn't on 0 volume either, 56 yards per game in an injury shortened season.

Over the last 3 years, there's 12 TEs who have had a season over 50 yards/game.  Howard is one of them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

i mean that's just asinine and dumb.  Of course you would.  Howard is a competent, above average NFL tight end with significant significant upside.  Significant.

OJ Howard had the single most efficient season in 2018 over the past 3 years.  11.77 yards per target.  Per target!  And it wasn't on 0 volume either, 56 yards per game in an injury shortened season.

Over the last 3 years, there's 12 TEs who have had a season over 50 yards/game.  Howard is one of them.

That's a pretty impressive resume for someone that just got replaced. He's a one year rental coming off a 35 catch 1 td season. Dumb is giving up assets for that. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's a pretty impressive resume for someone that just got replaced. He's a one year rental coming off a 35 catch 1 td season. Dumb is giving up assets for that. 

just a stubborn old school coach who didn't know how to manage a very talented player who didn't fit the position his scheme emphasized.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I just have to laugh at people who speak with such certainty yet their only knowledge of a player is the box score that a Google search pulled up of them.

Howard was a 1st round pick, who has a career YPC of 15.5 and a career catch rate of 67%. He's one of the best TEs in the NFL that's been massively underused by inept coaches. To get him for a 4th would be an utter steal and he would instantly be on par with Aaron Jones as the 2nd best player on our offense.

Speak with certainty when you have knowledge and context please.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just have to laugh at people who speak with such certainty yet their only knowledge of a player is the box score that a Google search pulled up of them.

Howard was a 1st round pick, who has a career YPC of 15.5 and a career catch rate of 67%. He's one of the best TEs in the NFL that's been massively underused by inept coaches. To get him for a 4th would be an utter steal and he would instantly be on par with Aaron Jones as the 2nd best player on our offense.

Speak with certainty when you have knowledge and context please.

3rd best, don't diss on AdamsWonder if he could be had for Lane Taylor and a 7th.