2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy ****.

17 million for Armstead is giving me PTSD over the Perry signing. 

9 sacks in 46 games over 4 years.
10 sacks in 16 games in contract year.

Would not have wanted to re-sign.  Crazy how players stay healthy and get sacks in contract years. 

That **** literally drives me nuts. They should be balling out constantly.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Certain you could get Brown or Kinlaw with whichever pick you're getting? I'm not. Then at 30 it doesn't look great for IDL either...

It’s not the greatest idea, but I think sometimes it takes bold moves for cap health to win a Super Bowl.  I personally wouldn’t do it probably, but if we did do something crazy I wouldn’t crap my pants in anger either.  This is the time to make bold moves.  This coming season is our best chance at a Super Bowl, but at the same time after this year we’re going to need cheap talent considering what Aaron will get paid.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s not the greatest idea, but I think sometimes it takes bold moves for cap health to win a Super Bowl.  I personally wouldn’t do it probably, but if we did do something crazy I wouldn’t crap my pants in anger either.  This is the time to make bold moves.  This coming season is our best chance at a Super Bowl, but at the same time after this year we’re going to need cheap talent considering what Aaron will get paid.

Or you might start looking like BOB.

Also *prayhands* Dalton to the Bears please please please.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If I could pick the perfect receiver for the Packers Diggs would probably be the guy.  I love that skill set .. hope we can add a clone at some point.

I'm pretty sure the Vikings would take less to trade him outside of the division though.  It's like the Packers took less to keep Favre away from the Vikings (until he wore out his welcome with the Jets.)

two trades I'd like to see the packers explore:

1) 4th rounder for Mike Gesicki.  I don't think I'd offer much more than this, and if he isn't available for cheap, I'd let him go.  Maybe a depth player and a 4th for him is also ok.

2) Something really cheap for Marqise Lee.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If I could pick the perfect receiver for the Packers Diggs would probably be the guy.  I love that skill set .. hope we can add a clone at some point.

You might like the skill set, but the pea-sized brain comes with it.  He's a mini Antonio Brown only not as good. If you're gonna take a locker room risk make it worth it and sign AB to a one year prove it deal.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

You might like the skill set, but the pea-sized brain comes with it.  He's a mini Antonio Brown only not as good. If you're gonna take a locker room risk make it worth it and sign AB to a one year prove it deal.

I don't get where this is coming from.  Guy is passionate but I don't think he's a locker room negative.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Nope.  I've got Chris Jones.  You've got Kenny Clark.

Bet is the typical bet.  One month's mortgage/rent or an internet dollar (which is the equivalent of 100,000 Schrutte bucks), loser to chose the payout!  :)

It's Buckner.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't get where this is coming from.  Guy is passionate but I don't think he's a locker room negative.

He's a huge pouter, behind the scenes crybaby.  Have a couple friends who have interaction with the club, he would be voted off the island first.  He is definitely a locker room negative.  Isn't very happy playing for Zimmer because Zim wants to pound the ball.  This has been a slow burn for at least three years now.