2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Probably, on the other hand, are you sticking your nose up at a second Lazard?

No. Just saying, if there are people that ***** about Lazard, then why are they on the Pittman train? I'm fine with Pittman because I'm fine with Lazard. Pittman's like James Jones on steroids with his ability to make tough contested catches. I just want a true speedster for once. A Jalen Reagor or Devin Duvernay type.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Packers have about 15 million to spend now. They could cut Taylor and restructure Z to turn that into 25 million. 

They could then sign two players to contacts like 5/100 but structure the contract so that it pays out with cap hits of 10/15/20/25/30 each year respectively.

The problem with that strategy is that the team is absolutely dead *** screwed in 2024 when they've got 12 guys who all have to be cut resulting in $100 million in dead cap.

If you're a ****ty team who doesn't think long term, this is what you do. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) the Packers plan ahead. 

Now, at some point there's an argument to be made that Rodgers is just about done, and it's time to embrace the short term vision. That did not happen this year by all appearances.

In 2024, the dead cap on those players should not be 100 million 

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. Just saying, if there are people that ***** about Lazard, then why are they on the Pittman train? I'm fine with Pittman because I'm fine with Lazard. Pittman's like James Jones on steroids with his ability to make tough contested catches. I just want a true speedster for once. A Jalen Reagor or Devin Duvernay type.

I agree they are similar but if we have 3 high potential young guys the potential of 1 busting is really high.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope Gute is eying a free agent receiver .. seems their market is pretty soft.  There could be a bargain to be had.

Perhaps a bargain could be had but I suspect the WR market is so soft because this incoming draft class is might be one of the deepest in a while.

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Perhaps a bargain could be had but I suspect the WR market is so soft because this incoming draft class is might be one of the deepest in a while.

Possible.  However, do you buy offense and draft defense or buy defense and draft offense?  A combo of both is best and that's Gute's job to find out what the best combo is this year.  

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'd take one free agent like Breshad Perriman, and then at least one WR in the first three rounds of the draft, and maybe a 2nd later in the draft.

• Like 1