The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Then there is space for you to join me. Dude is incompetent.

He's had his misses... the only high pick I truly hated from the moment it happened was Kevin White. I didn't care for Floyd but I didn't hate it.

I'll still point to how he has overhauled the defense from the worst in franchise history to the #1 scoring defense in the league in 4 seasons.

Offensively he has some work to do -- clearly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Less than Trevathan is a surprise.

Not sure I like it from our end.

I would much rather pay Trevathan about same amount as Kwiat AND get 4th or 5th comp pick -- right now it would be as 5th, could be as much as a 4th.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

I'd like to bargain-bin shop. Trade Floyd then go after some of these guys. 

EDGE - Nassib, Ogbah, Quinn, Irvin, Van Noy, Golden or Addison (too expensive I'd wager), Suggs (likely to retire)

2 down run stuffer - Beau Allen, Damon Harrison, A'Shawn Robinson, Linval Joseph

OL options - Iupati (RG), David Sharpe (RT/RG - I think he's a better RG but might be better than Massie right now at RT), Whitworth (would be an upgrade over Massie even after declining but likely still overpaid)

TE - Ebron (getting overpaid), Vernon Davis, Blake Bell, Delanie Walker, Holtz

S - Tre Boston (does he ACTUALLY get paid his worth this year?), Miles Killebrew, Deon Bush

QB - McCarron, Bortles (sucks but is better than Chase Daniel)

I'll take Nassib, Allen, Sharpe, Davis and Holtz, Kilebrew, and Bortles. Should be very cost-controlled and each of them can provide depth at a minimum. 

- Nassib has been able to stay healthy and has experience standing and with his hand in the dirt. 

- Allen is a monster who will be far cheaper than the other three options

- Sharpe may be able to be a better RT than Massie but likely is a better long-term option at OG 

- Davis is old but talented and a solid blocker, Holtz is younger and the same. Montgomery will thank us. 

- Killebrew is a special teams standout and is a purely in the box safety. EJax gets to roam again. If/when DT gets hurt he may be the best option we have to throw in at ILB. 

- Bortles is cheap and better than Daniel, sadly he may be able to even beat out Tru. Who knows? I want a rookie to compete with them regardless. 

Edited by Sugashane

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Appreciate the info boys. Glad to see us address the position finally. Thoughts on the numbers?

You actually probably lucked out on the numbers. A lot of us were thinking he'd get an even better deal. Kwiatowski most likely jumped at the chance to be a Raider. And can't say I blame him, really. Once the Bears re-signed Trevathan, Kwiatowski wasn't seriously in the Bears' future plans. 

People would flip if Kwit was bad again after getting paid.  They would say small sample size and they would be right.

On other hand good chance Trevathan gets hurts so ... might have been no right answer.   I hope they resign Pierre-Louis.  Going to need some quality depth.

• Like 2

Seems like we have a very set plan in place...trade for a QB...then get involved in FA...that is a pretty good idea early in FA but we need to get that vet QB in the building fast then start to build around him even faster...fairly obvious given we have been linked with 3 different guys so early how they really feel about Mitch.

38 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's had his misses... the only high pick I truly hated from the moment it happened was Kevin White. I didn't care for Floyd but I didn't hate it.

I'll still point to how he has overhauled the defense from the worst in franchise history to the #1 scoring defense in the league in 4 seasons.

Offensively he has some work to do -- clearly.

You just described dollar store Jerry Angelo

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Seems like we have a very set plan in place...trade for a QB...then get involved in FA...that is a pretty good idea early in FA but we need to get that vet QB in the building fast then start to build around him even faster...fairly obvious given we have been linked with 3 different guys so early how they really feel about Mitch.

OG and TE options are dwindling.