Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, ESB's 40 time was 4.48.  Greg Jennings' 40 time was 4.48. I'm not saying they're the same player but the difference between the two is not that one is fast and one is not.

This is true...plus one is half a foot taller.

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, ESB's 40 time was 4.48.  Greg Jennings' 40 time was 4.48.

I'm not saying they're the same player but the difference between the two is not that one is fast and one is not.

ESB is a wild card.  MVS, Allison, Kumerow didn't advance as expected.  Adams, f/a, higher draft pick, Lazard, ESB ... golden.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

MVS, Allison, Kumerow didn't advance as expected. 

MVS is the only one who was expected by anyone outside of the GB fanbase to do anything this year.  In the building, there had to be no expectations for kumerow, and low expectations for Allison.

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

MVS is the only one who was expected by anyone outside of the GB fanbase to do anything this year.  In the building, there had to be no expectations for kumerow, and low expectations for Allison.

Kumerow probably not but there was higher expectations from many that Allison would break out.  Didn't happen for either.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, ESB's 40 time was 4.48.  Greg Jennings' 40 time was 4.48.

I'm not saying they're the same player but the difference between the two is not that one is fast and one is not.

Jennings was a lot more sudden in his change of direction.

Good route running makes for a faster player at the same speed.

IMO, ESB is a smoother athlete while Jennings was twitchier.

The difference is not "we stopped drafting fast people" it's "we stopped spending high picks on WRs".  The Packers spent a 2nd round pick on a WR in 2005 (Murphy), a 2nd in 2006 (Jennings), a 3rd in 2007 (Jones), a 2nd in 2008 (Nelson), a 2nd in 2011 (Cobb), a 2nd in 2014 (Adams), and a 3rd in 2015 (Montgomery).  In the past 4 drafts the highest pick they've spent on a WR was a late 4th (J'Mon Moore.)

That has a lot more to do with the state of the WR corps than "they stopped valuing guys who are good at football and instead prioritized guys who aren't."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

not related, but it came up when I was looking at FA WR's, but holy hell Chris Ballard gave Devin Funchess $10 million dollars and he only played 36 snaps 

He'd have a website clamoring to fire him if we had him in GB lol

yeah....he should have known Funchess was going to get injured

13 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

not related, but it came up when I was looking at FA WR's, but holy hell Chris Ballard gave Devin Funchess $10 million dollars and he only played 36 snaps 

He'd have a website clamoring to fire him if we had him in GB lol

The Colts had like $90m cap space or something, they had to use a lot to get to the floor. As a 1 year deal, who cares imo

• Like 1