General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Don't know if anyone else saw it but Peter King had us trading #13 to NE for #23 and their 2021 1st rounder. At #23, we draft OT Andrew Thomas. Then, at #31, we trade again, this time with the Cowboys for their 2nd and 3rd rounders. Would be happy with all of this especially acquiring a 2021 first rounder which to be perfectly honest, would easily sacrifice both first rounders this year to gain two first rounders next year.

3 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Don't know if anyone else saw it but Peter King had us trading #13 to NE for #23 and their 2021 1st rounder. At #23, we draft OT Andrew Thomas. Then, at #31, we trade again, this time with the Cowboys for their 2nd and 3rd rounders. Would be happy with all of this especially acquiring a 2021 first rounder which to be perfectly honest, would easily sacrifice both first rounders this year to gain two first rounders next year.

Andrew Thomas probably isn't getting out of the top 10, much less lasting until 23. But I love the trade so they can get Tua. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Andrew Thomas probably isn't getting out of the top 10, much less lasting until 23. But I love the trade so they can get Tua. 

Probably not but you never know. :)

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

If we end up with 2021 pick from the pats that could end up being a top 10 pick. 

Could be and I would love that. Trade their top 10 draft pick and our own and if needed, more to get to #1 to get Trevor Lawrence. I would be so happy!!!

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Picking up Kinlaw and getting an extra pick, I can’t complain. They must have different ideas for WR in this draft

I think it really comes down value. We got a pick. Got a prospect with elite upside and the gap between Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs and Jefferson, Reagor, Pittman and Mims..and Hamler..and Aiyuk..and Edwards..might not be that big. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think it really comes down value. We got a pick. Got a prospect with elite upside and the gap between Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs and Jefferson, Reagor, Pittman and Mims..and Hamler..and Aiyuk..and Edwards..might not be that big. 

Yeah, can’t argue with this move, they had talented WR’s on the board, but Shanny must have a plan at WR. We sure up Buckner spot, gain a 4th. Trade back from #31, we will be fine

Just now, P_locniners said:

Yeah, can’t argue with this move, they had talented WR’s on the board, but Shanny must have a plan at WR. We sure up Buckner spot, gain a 4th. Trade back from #31, we will be fine

I also have to remind myself of this. We had 3 functional receivers last year and Kittle and we still had a dangerous passing attack. I think we just may be more nervous about it than the staff is. Bourne, Deebo, Kittle and Hurd/Taylor coming back..health issues are major concerns..but who knows where they stand on it. 

43 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Picking up Kinlaw and getting an extra pick, I can’t complain. They must have different ideas for WR in this draft

I like the extra pick, and obviously savvy to force Tampa to pay. I'm curious if Tampa called our bluff if we trade with Miami

Just now, Gravity said:

Any chance we keep 4 Rb's (Mostert, Breida, Mckinnon, Coleman) on the team with the expanded rosters?

4? At this point we are looking at 6 with Wilson and Juice lol

I thought Breida would get moved at some point over the draft. I don't know if there will be a market for him though. I've been advocating cutting Coleman since last year. I think he's a largely average running back we are paying a weirdly high figure to this year. But the staff disagrees.

35 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Assuming Staley plays all 16 games + playoffs at LT, we have a late pick (32 :D ), Staley retires, and there's a similar OT class next year.....

Do we go with a rookie at LT? Or give Brunskill the reins based off his 2019 play? 

I think last night proved they will give both Skule and Brunskill every opportunity to take over once Staley is gone. Let's not forget Coleman either. He was penciled in as the swing tackle before TC. Then he got hurt and was done for the year. He could be a wildcard on the outside, though I would like to see them give him a crack@RG.