2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

9 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The steal of the draft I think. I like the boy from Florida Atlantic as well and the boy from Washington is good but I think his blocking won’t allow him to be a target for us. But Troutman is the truth

We've had good luck w/ drafting guys from Florida Atlantic...

• Like 1

I don't think the Redskins are tanking. They have a very young team and want to build a young roster that will grow together with the help of a few high character vets on both sides of the ball. I don't blame them for not wanting to overspend in free agency and I like that we are going young. Add Chase Young to this young group and then another top 10 pick next year and we may be a playoff team next year, IF Haskins develops.

There's a difference between tanking - what the Dolphins did last year in trading a bunch of top draft picks they had just made - and not spending big in free agency and going with your mostly young talent and a few vet leaders on you team.

I think we are just choosing to build with our young talent and hoping they grow together over the next 5 years into a contender.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Seems like a spin job to me.  RR reached out to TW pretty early in the process.  The only reason we aren't working with him on a contract is TW wants 20millionish a year.

Dunbar is a different situation.  I just think it was mishandled.  

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think the Redskins are tanking. They have a very young team and want to build a young roster that will grow together with the help of a few high character vets on both sides of the ball. I don't blame them for not wanting to overspend in free agency and I like that we are going young. Add Chase Young to this young group and then another top 10 pick next year and we may be a playoff team next year, IF Haskins develops.

There's a difference between tanking - what the Dolphins did last year in trading a bunch of top draft picks they had just made - and not spending big in free agency and going with your mostly young talent and a few vet leaders on you team.

I think we are just choosing to build with our young talent and hoping they grow together over the next 5 years into a contender.

If Rivera and Smith give him no upgraded pieces, how is Haskins suppose to just magically make the TEAM PLAYOFF worthy? 

The Team Talent is no better than it was last year when they went 3-13. And it's no argument it will be worst if you trade Williams and Dunbar. So once again how is Haskins suppose to make that Big Difference alone? 

Adding Chase Young alone isn't gonna make the Team Playoff material ETHIER.

Edited by Skins212689

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Seems like a spin job to me.  RR reached out to TW pretty early in the process.  The only reason we aren't working with him on a contract is TW wants 20millionish a year.

Dunbar is a different situation.  I just think it was mishandled.  

MIshandled in what way?

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

MIshandled in what way?

My guess would be from the sound of it,Bruce and company was close to a extenstion with Dunbar when they got fired,New group didn't see it as something to do right away since Dunbar had a year left on deal and didn't contact him,Dunbar took this as them not wanting him.Dunbar requests Trade feeling this,current regime doesn't want it to look like you request trade they'd fold and pay you left little choice but to try to trade.

Personally think if Dunbar doesn't request trade he'd prob of got paid in training camp,instead of now looking for a new team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

let me see if I have this right:

Came to the team as an un drafted wide receiver

they worked with him to transition to corner because he wasn’t good enough to play offense

been with the team 5 seasons getting paid for being a project special teams guy

80 games, started 29 or 36% of games 

Only Played in 7 games in 2018 and 11 games in 2019. 

did pretty good in 2019 on terrible team

this doesn’t sound like I’d put top cornerback money into this player. Believing is one thing- doing it on the field for more than a few games is another. 

hope he stops listening to his posse about how he’s the best corner here since Champ, and realize we lost 13 games last year The majority he was playing corner. hope he smartens up, signs a two year deal, plays well and then gets paid. Doesn’t he realize how close he was to bagging groceries when the team chose to invest into developing him? 

up-hold-theresanew-sheriffin-town-memege

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

let me see if I have this right:

Came to the team as an un drafted wide receiver

they worked with him to transition to corner because he wasn’t good enough to play offense

been with the team 5 seasons getting paid for being a project special teams guy

80 games, started 29 or 36% of games 

Only Played in 7 games in 2018 and 11 games in 2019. 

did pretty good in 2019 on terrible team

this doesn’t sound like I’d put top cornerback money into this player. Believing is one thing- doing it on the field for more than a few games is another. 

hope he stops listening to his posse about how he’s the best corner here since Champ, and realize we lost 13 games last year The majority he was playing corner. hope he smartens up, signs a two year deal, plays well and then gets paid. Doesn’t he realize how close he was to bagging groceries when the team chose to invest into developing him? 

I agree with your post Doc. The deal he signs I doubt very much it will be with us. I know it’s a business and players should get paid but there’s a way to do things especially with a new regime and a coach who does things differently from the last coach. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

MIshandled in what way?

@ovfd55 covered my thoughts here.

I guess my whole thing is that after the TW debacle last year, I thought we would be more careful to keep clear communication and try to keep the players happy.  That doesn't necessarily mean agreeing to an extension or whatever, just working with them to make sure we are on the same page even if that page is a parting of ways.  Dunbar is clearly frustrated and it seems like better communication could have gone a long way here even if it is, "Dunny lets work together on seeing if we can find you another team while getting good compensation and not making a public mess."  That communication could have also just been a pat on the back message while Rivera figured out what he was going to do.  The disposition of this situation is only going to lower his trade value.