News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

No it does not. There is still no clear indicator as to whether they are facing that on the carries or just by being in the huddle. 

Extreme scenario but Fournette could have seen a stacked box while on the field and not even rush against it once.

Again Coleman rushed into a box 40% of the time? What makes him so special? 

Where is the differential? The split that actually shows when they are touching the ball while seeing a 8 man box. 

You need to reread what I just wrote. I literally just gave you the numbers for *BOTH* scenarios (him carrying it, or him just on the field).

Zeke isnt special in either case.

6 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

it would have to be a 2021 4th or later, or I'm not interested.   I like the guy, but I'm fine with grabbing Hamler, Reagor, round 2 or later, and  Hill, Bowden, Duvernay round 3 or later, and having them cheap for 4 years.   I think Arizona is really gonna get low balled on compensation due to the great depth at wr in this draft.

The rumor from Fish (probably fake) is that we are looking to trade no more than a 5th this year for someone like Kirk/Goodwin/etc.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You need to reread what I just wrote. I literally just gave you the numbers for *BOTH* scenarios (him carrying it, or him just on the field).

Zeke isnt special in either case.

Reread it. You are still under the assumption that it applies strictly to carries when that just isnt the case. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Reread it. You are still under the assumption that it applies strictly to carries when that just isnt the case. 

Maybe this will help you:

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The edited in "=> ###" is the snap count

So looking at it through this prism, Zeke could have drawn a box on ~180 plays. Where as someone like cook only did it on ~150 plays. Or Fornette would have done it almost ~300 times.

It still backs up my point. Zeke does not faces boxes at the clip that Cowboys fans pretend he does. 

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

OMG you are hopeless.

Do you even know what a split is?

Yes, I do.

But let me explain what I am saying to you:

300 carries x 20% (facing the box) = 60 plays all season long that Zeke faced a box if based on carries. 

900 plays total x 20% (facing the box) = 180 plays all season long that Zeke could have possible drawn a box based on him being a field.

*NEITHER OF THOSE NUMBERS ARE SPECIAL*

Edited by Matts4313

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

OMG you are hopeless.

Do you even know what a split is?

You can't argue with Matts

Everyone knows every DC in the league schemes about how to stop uber superstar Dak Prescott. Zeke who? wasn't coined by Jerry, it was every defensive coach ever

Even though Matts own stats show the Cowboys run 58% on 1st down, These DC's still don't scheme against it. They are all out to stop the second coming of Jesus, Dak Prescott, on every down and in every situation

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes, I do.

But let me explain what I am saying to you:

300 carries x 20% (facing the box) = 60 plays all season long that Zeke faced a box if based on carries. 

900 plays total x 20% (facing the box) = 180 plays all season long that Zeke could have possible drawn a box based on him being a field.

*NEITHER OF THOSE NUMBERS ARE SPECIAL*

Ok you are still missing the point of the split im talking about.

They threw in the total carries and then the percentage of time's they faced a stacked box.

That's it, they delved no further into those stats. They did not state how this was calculated or where the 8-B stat is applied to. 

These stats if looked into properly can just as easily show that Derrick Henry ran into a box 90% of his carries  and Zeke only 10% of his carries. Where the totals still remain the same.

Now do you understand? They are vague or what they are actually displaying. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ok you are still missing the point of the split im talking about.

They threw in the total carries and then the percentage of time's they faced a stacked box.

That's it, they delved no further into those stats. They did not state how this was calculated or where the 8-B stat is applied to. 

These stats if looked into properly can just as easily show that Derrick Henry ran into a box 90% of his carries  and Zeke only 10% of his carries. Where the totals still remain the same.

Now do you understand? They are vague or what they are actually displaying. 

Were both dumb. It is defined. 

8+ Defenders in the Box (8+D%)
On every play, Next Gen Stats calculates how many defenders are stacked in the box at snap. Using that logic, DIB% calculates how often does a rusher see 8 or more defenders in the box against them.

So when Zeke was on the field, there was ~180 (940 snaps X 19.2%) plays that we saw an 8 man box. 

Again, not special. 

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We got money to spend in Kirk again real real soon? There’s plenty of good options we can find in the 2nd. Kirk’s skillset isn’t particularly hard to find 

He's a great return man with slot ability. There will probably be a better talent there at 51. But we know with a certainty that Kirk can contribute immediately. But if Blackrock or Davis, or someone like that falls to our 51. I'm gonna have a hard time giving up 51 for Kirk.