News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

29 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If that was the case I rather have traded Dak at the beginning of the offseason so we would have more cap to play with.

We had plenty of cap room before and chose not to do anything with it, so the additional cap room in free agency would’ve been meaningless. We don’t throw huge contracts at free agents anymore because they rarely pan out based on the prices paid.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I did not like Jones leaving. I wouldn't want Dak to leave for $17m eitherD

I would have liked to have franchised Jones only because we don't have a ready made, in house replacement

I hate the contract he got, and I wouldn't be in favour of him having that deal here

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t think Cam would, but I think Herbert would. Not sure about Jourdan Love. He’s a big time boom or bust guy, but he’s an intriguing prospect.

Right now I'm all about looking at a replacement QB on a rookie deal and rolling Dak's "would be 35 million" into building the rest of the roster. If any team offers even a single 1st for Dak, He's gone

16 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If Tua falls to 17, I'd solve that problem by drafting him.

Makes for an interesting conundrum. Not that I think Tua will be there at 17, but assume he's there to be had (ie: a trade up at reasonable cost presents itself)

You'd have to move Dak fairly quickly, or be prepared to rescind the tag. I think having Dak play on the 1 year franchise tag with Tua sitting behind him makes for a massive, never ending distraction

Got to think that would totally eliminate the possibility of Dak holding out, not wanting to give Tua the opportunity to steal the job,  however, I wouldn't expect him to co-operate with a trade either (negotiating with a new team for maximum possible return) Dak would be wanting to get the tag rescinded and become a FA, I would think..... Not sure how many teams got 35 million sitting around and looking for a new starting QB... I believe he has to sign the tag before he can be traded also

Personally, I'd do it purely out of spite (If I was Jerry)... For looking that 107 Million GTD gift horse in the mouth and shunning it...

On my way to work today, WFAN NY they brought up Glazer and apparently he’s going to break “major national news” on his Fox Football show today. What do you guys think it’ll be? Draft related (trade of some sort)? Maybe Cam or Jameis signing somewhere? something about next season, a delay perhaps? Or is it not even football related, the whole major national news has me screwed up.

Just now, CT Cowboy Fan said:

On my way to work today, WFAN NY they brought up Glazer and apparently he’s going to break “major national news” on his Fox Football show today. What do you guys think it’ll be? Draft related (trade of some sort)? Maybe Cam or Jameis signing somewhere? something about next season, a delay perhaps? Or is it not even football related, the whole major national news has me screwed up.

I saw that last night. It makes me think the NFL will try to have the season without fans in the stands, but that's just a guess.

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I saw that last night. It makes me think the NFL will try to have the season without fans in the stands, but that's just a guess.

At this point I don’t think it’s player related, he can’t hold onto that info because someone else would leak it. The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. It has to do with the way next season will play out.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:16 AM, TheGame316 said:

Makes for an interesting conundrum. Not that I think Tua will be there at 17, but assume he's there to be had (ie: a trade up at reasonable cost presents itself)

You'd have to move Dak fairly quickly, or be prepared to rescind the tag. I think having Dak play on the 1 year franchise tag with Tua sitting behind him makes for a massive, never ending distraction

Got to think that would totally eliminate the possibility of Dak holding out, not wanting to give Tua the opportunity to steal the job,  however, I wouldn't expect him to co-operate with a trade either (negotiating with a new team for maximum possible return) Dak would be wanting to get the tag rescinded and become a FA, I would think..... Not sure how many teams got 35 million sitting around and looking for a new starting QB... I believe he has to sign the tag before he can be traded also

Personally, I'd do it purely out of spite (If I was Jerry)... For looking that 107 Million GTD gift horse in the mouth and shunning it...

I’m hoping that Tua falls to us at #17 so that we can draft him and trade Dak. This contract process has went on for way too long. If Dak doesn’t cooperate and doesn’t sign the tag, he sitting out the entire season.

Dam can wish to be a FA and gambles on a team paying him $35+ MM/yr. if he wants too but that would be foolish. Most, if not all teams will have their QBOTF from the draft. 

18 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I would take that trade. 14 a year for OBJ who is only 27? We would not break the bank on that at all.