News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I think we still underestimate just how much the coaching staff held this team back. It can’t be overstated

Remember Fredbeard turning and screaming at the sideline after Zeke got stuffed on 3rd and 2 against the Vikings, because a toss play to the short side of the field against the alignment they were in is just doomed to fail? Or Hurns complaining about all the comebacks we were running against Houston (including one that was picked off or almost) and how those are the worst routes to run against the style of Cover 2 they were playing

Frederick and Hurns aren’t malcontents. They’re good, bright dudes. What other team has to overcome this kind of thing?

A huge reason why I dont care if its Dak or Dalton at the helm is because this coaching staff cant be as bad as the previous regime. 

15 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

A huge reason why I dont care if its Dak or Dalton at the helm is because this coaching staff cant be as bad as the previous regime. 

We certainly won’t be paralyzed into mediocrity, that’s for sure.

Man, I bet the Eagles would trade anything for Dalton at QB right about now

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/5/9/21252628/nfc-east-outlook-top-player-every-offensive-position-2020-carson-wentz-dak-prescott-quarterback-nfl

QB: Prescott

RB: Barkley

WR: Cooper

WR: McLaurin

WR: Tate

TE: Ertz

LT: Smith

LG: Seumalo

C: Kelce

RG: Brooks

RT: Johnson

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

A random Eagles blog favors Dak over Wentz...

Well, I'm Sold

Pay Dak the 40 Mill

Wherever do you come up with this stuff Matts?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Supplemental Draft

I wonder who may try to come out that we may really like. 

I think there is a good chance there is no college football this season. Herm Edwards said recently unless students are allowed back on to campus I don’t see how you can have a season. We are only at the tip of the iceberg at the economic downfall of this crisis. So basically I think a lot more players might be willing to go supplemental as I do believe the nfl will try to have a season this year. 

2 hours ago, cromagnum said:

I think there is a good chance there is no college football this season. Herm Edwards said recently unless students are allowed back on to campus I don’t see how you can have a season. We are only at the tip of the iceberg at the economic downfall of this crisis. So basically I think a lot more players might be willing to go supplemental as I do believe the nfl will try to have a season this year. 

If that’s how everything winds up, I also wonder if the NFL will relax the entry requirement and allow Sophomores to enter the Supplemental Draft because they won’t be allowed to play their Junior seasons. That would be FASCINATING.