Texans' Bill O'Brien turning over playcalling to OC Tim Kelly

lolsurebro

27 minutes ago, tom cody said:

I think the other way, I figure O'brien will step down as coach soon. I figure he'll concentrate solely on being GM. 

Has that ever happened before? I know in college a head coach moving to athletic director has happened(Barry Alvarez became AD in his 2nd to last year coaching Wisconsin, and stayed there after retiring as HC off the top of my head) but I dunno if I can recall an NFL HC making a move to management/administration like that.

18 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

This is sort of what I'm thinking. Delegate more and more coaching duties to other people and then ride off into the FO sunset. 

I honestly don't mind William O'Brien, the General Manager. He's hyper aggressive, sure - but you can't deny Tunsil, Stills, Hyde and Conley as big pieces of the Texans last season. You're skipping on the early parts of the draft, but if William keeps hitting on players in the 3rd, it's not a huge loss.

This being said, Bill O'Brien - the HC - is power hungry. He's not going to rest until he's running this like a Madden franchise, he'll be setting prices at the concession stands in a few months.

• Like 2

BOB: "Well, I'm already head coach. GM. President of football OPS. Mascot. Partial owner. Blackmailer of other owners. So Tim, I'm going to allow you to call 9 plays per season, 7 of which will be on 4th and 10+ where we are punting. Since I'm also the team's Publicist, I'll make sure that this info gets out to the appropriate people" 

Headline: Bill O'Brien to turn over playcalling duties. 

@ET80, Is that an accurate representation on how this goes? 

• Like 3