Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I actually went to the doctor earlier today for my semi. She suggested exactly what The J is saying. The ER only has so many people and that's the only place that can test right now (maybe just my area though). You restrict resources b/c you coughed (and turn out to be fine) and you potentially harm someone who desperately needs help. Then you look at it as if you are contaminated and what happens if you infect the staff and they need to quarantine themselves. What happens now? 

Both sides have valid arguments.

On an individual level, sure.

On a societal level, no. Not every hospital is at capacity, and there are people who would go but can't because they don't have access or can't afford it. When that happens in a pandemic, we all pay the price for it.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

I can’t imagine they stay in just expecting an announcement for that. 

I have a hard time seeing the XFL stopping play.  They're the league most at risk of folding completely if they can't figure some way to keep playing.

The issue is that so many people simply will not get tested, and will not stop going to work because they simply can't afford to miss a paycheck, or they will get fired if they call in sick. There are HUGE amounts of people in that situation. Almost all of the service industry.

• Like 2