Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

It was a stupid thing to say and she should have never said it, a public official should NEVER guesstimate how many cases there *could* be, all she did was create confusion and panic

The pictures I saw of Ohio grocery stores yesterday confirm that you are correct. 

Also why I'm about to leave for a grocery visit at 6 AM (normal trip, not a panic trip). 

50 minutes ago, theJ said:

The pictures I saw of Ohio grocery stores yesterday confirm that you are correct. 

Also why I'm about to leave for a grocery visit at 6 AM (normal trip, not a panic trip). 

Update. Two lanes open. Lines are still long haha. Should have done our weekly trip on Wednesday lol. 

Also, first guy I see today has a cart full of TP. SMH. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theJ said:

I’m going after my doctor’s visit. Even though being truly quarantined means only going to doctor then going back home again. Definitely running short on food almost and really no choice. A decision between going early in the morning when less people are there or making it one trip middle of afternoon. I didn’t ask for this and still obviously want to be responsible. March 19 is the due date. Thinking of all those who have a worse diagnosis and greater symptoms than mine or sadly have passed. Asking if someone knows whether it’s an exact time period in your body of the 15 days and doing an extra day to be sure. Don’t know if this means on that day tests and nose swab or testing to prove no virus of any kind remains.

2 minutes ago, PurpleLion said:

I’m going after my doctor’s visit. Even though being truly quarantined means only going to doctor then going back home again. Definitely running short on food almost and really no choice. A decision between going early in the morning when less people are there or making it one trip middle of afternoon. I didn’t ask for this and still obviously want to be responsible. March 19 is the due date. Thinking of all those who have a worse diagnosis and greater symptoms than mine or sadly have passed. Asking if someone knows whether it’s an exact time period in your body of the 15 days and doing an extra day to be sure. Don’t know if this means on that day tests and nose swab or testing to prove no virus of any kind remains.

So sorry to hear you're having to deal with this.

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This is why the governments response is so dangerous. There's no coordination on any level, it's just dangerous to be this unprepared for something like this and to not coordinate at all. I get that the party in power is anti-federal but this is the time to at least communicate with every governor and mayor of a major city in the country and figure out what we're doing and what the messaging is just so more people aren't needlessly misinformed and put in danger.

It’s why your national pandemic team was so important. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, PurpleLion said:

My first post in months and it’s about this stuff. Have been ill since March 5 when my own symptoms began. They have slightly mimicked my somewhat usual Influenza A virus. Lyft with a person who recently had returned from Asia. Became somewhat concerned around 3 days in after having zoned out for an hour sitting down in the grocery store. Been putting the puzzle pieces together. Reported this onto the corporates and not allowed to return until what will be the 14 days. My own symptoms come and go with various intensity and have not been tested right now. Have been staying inside mostly and brushing off those who have approached me. Please do not judge me and from the beginning have been limiting my contact with people even though it’s a necessity to shop for groceries.

Get well soon. I applaud your responsible approach.

10 hours ago, mission27 said:

Yeah but EU has mostly open borders which encourages spread and means hard to differentiate countries.  UK doesn’t  

I don’t support the travel ban generally, but understand why UK would be treated as separate (because it is)

Sensible closing of borders and/or actually implementing screening/testing of travelers is necessary.
Indicatations the U.S. is now screening/testing travelers is false. People are walking straight through.
The UK has more known Coronavirus cases than many of the EU countries named in this travel restriction - which is puzzling.

It's been stated, but I'm unsure if accurate, that travelers originating in the EU could use the UK to travel to the US. What measures (if any) are being implemented to prevent that....cant say.....but its a no brainer.