Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@MWil23 @theJ you guys would like the Pete Holmes episode of Your Mom's House. There's a clip on youtube where he talks about church jokes and says what @Dome was saying and what I saw absolutely perfectly..

@Dome FTR a Calvinist church in the area that I used to attend announced "Services on Sunday. We will put our trust in God." Like I said, that's very valid. My late father, pastor, devout Calvinist, also used to say "I will 100% put my trust in God. I'm also buckling my seatbelt on the way home." I hold this approach 100%, and I know @NateDawg does too.

Just now, minutemancl said:

My dumb brain still has a lot of trouble understanding the fact that even if the number of cases are not rising dramatically, that does not mean things aren't getting much worse.

Nah buddy not dumb at all, just human nature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

In our eyes. China took it as a direct insult. Their response is based on how THEY interpret Trumps messaging.

But it DID start in China, and the Chinese didn't listen to the doctor who told them about it in Novemeber of last year..... they brushed it aside as nothing until it was too late.

• Like 2

I’m not religious, so take this for what it’s worth, but any church that doesn’t suspend services or stream them (ie cancel the live “events”) needs to now and forever stop talking about the ish they do like helping the community, aiding the sick, etc, etc.

Gathering hundreds of people in a confined space elbow to elbow to shake hands and in some cases receive communion is nothing short of negligent imo, as is attending.

I won’t dive deep on this, but I’ll just say it’s hard for old folks who carry cash and a checkbook to tithe online. That’s the motivation, nothing more.

flame suit on...

giphy.gif

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

But it DID start in China, and the Chinese didn't listen to the doctor who told them about it in Novemeber of last year..... they brushed it aside as nothing until it was too late.

Being right doesn’t always matter.  

Sometimes it’s best to let things go and look for solutions, not point fingers and make sure everyone knows the facts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Dome FTR a Calvinist church in the area that I used to attend announced "Services on Sunday. We will put our trust in God." Like I said, that's very valid. My late father, pastor, devout Calvinist, also used to say "I will 100% put my trust in God. I'm also buckling my seatbelt on the way home." I hold this approach 100%, and I know @NateDawg does too.

"Trust in God... but lock your car" has always been my motto in life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being right doesn’t always matter.  

So much would be resolved in life if we adopted this line of thinking. 

Who cares who started it... let's just do what we need to do to get past it.

• Like 3