Haskins Traded Like Rosen?

dll2000

6 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Having a good arm will only take you so far in this league.

Find a better source than Gottleib and maybe I’ll take it serious. But if it makes you feel better Alex Smith was struggling in that same system. It wasn’t a good system. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

What if Washington had number 1 pick and you could get Burrow?

You make the move then?

That would definitely be a more legitimate debate.  I personally wouldn't.  If Cincy was picking at #2, I'd trade down for a 2021 1st, take Chase Young, and roll with Haskins.

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

That would definitely be a more legitimate debate.  I personally wouldn't.  If Cincy was picking at #2, I'd trade down for a 2021 1st, take Chase Young, and roll with Haskins.

Hmmm.   Is this faith in Haskins becoming good, really, really wanting Chase Young or not really being sold on Burrow/Tua being an NFL stud?

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Hmmm.   Is this faith in Haskins becoming good, really, really wanting Chase Young or not really being sold on Burrow/Tua being an NFL stud?

It's a mix of faith in Haskins, wanting Young, and also being a strong believer in the below.

Burrow's 2019 season is actually a prime example of this.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

It's a mix of faith in Haskins, wanting Young, and also being a strong believer in the below.

Burrow's 2019 season is actually a prime example of this.

Hire his college OC if you draft him.  I would.  They killed it together last year.   Keep it going.  

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Hire his college OC if you draft him.  I would.  They killed it together last year.   Keep it going.  

I was actually speaking to not wasting a 1st round pick on a QB two years in a row.  The structure and organizational support around a young, developing QB is crucial.  We could keep taking QBs in the first every year (Haskins then Tua then Fields or Lawrence, etc).  It won't matter if your organization does things such as putting interim HC Callahan in charge of the weekly game-plan, who had the highest percentage of 1st and 2nd down runs in the league (leading to consistent 3rd and longs) and had the lowest play-action rate in the league, before the OC took over play-calling duties in the final weeks of the season.  Or if you hire a QB coach who has never worked in the NFL before to be the man behind improving the mechanics of a raw QB whose mechanics were one of his biggest flaws as a prospect.  I could go on, but the point is QB's are made just as much as they are born (if not more so) and you need the right people in place to support and develop your ~22 year old QB if you want a chance to enjoy long-term success.

Luck didn't have that support (in a different way) for most of his early career.  And he retired way too early as a result.

It happened to Mayfield last year, who struggled after a promising rookie year in which he had a top QB coach (who coached up multiple successful QBs in the past) and OL coach (who coached up the Browns OL to rank 2nd in the league in 2018 according to PFF) who were fired by the new HC (Kitchens) in 2019 out of apparent jealousy, leading to the HC's firing a year later #instantkarma. 

Haskins now has that QB coach by the way - Ken Zampese - which I'm ecstatic about.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

One thing I wonder in regards to Rivera’s inner monologue: he was one game away from winning the Super Bowl in 2016 after a spectacular regular season and playoff run, but then he ran into the dominant force that goes by the name of Von. He had the far better QB in that game but the QB was rendered ineffective due to a dominant pass rush. I wonder how much influence, if any, that has on Rivera’s thinking in this draft. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What’s the issue with what I said? It’s been noted Smith had issues picking up Grudens system and he wasn’t the best fit for it. Nothing I said is out of the ordinary. 

I don’t remember that. 

18 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Question, How can you quantify if a guy is smart or not. Also in your opinion, how do you know if he can read a defense or not or are you just throwing it out?  As a matter of fact, in those highlights there is one common theme of coverage, tell me what it was because I question your football i.q with some of the statements you made.

-Also, that offense didn't do him any favors, and it put a lot of pressure on him to make plays on his own. A smart offensive coordinator has a self sustaining offense where a young passer can just distribute the ball and build confidence, not throw a whole playbook at him and feed him to the wolves.

-I know I'm in the minority but I think the Colts, Buccaneers, or even go to a place like the Saints and sit a year behind Brees and take over when he retires

He plays like he is special needs Vince Young Jamarcus Russell esque just looks slow in between the ears

Edited by LowMotorGuy