Texans release WR Jaelen Strong

ET80

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

He has/had the tools coming out. I wonder if it's a scheme thing.

He did.  I distinctly remember, because some of us brought it up quite a bit, that he struggled with getting separation.  That's one of the quickest ways to crash out of the league in a hurry as a receiver.

15 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't get me wrong - he did. It's just strange. Our WR depth chart now reads Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin (a RB) and Andy Jones (UDFA picked up off of the Dallas PS). Will Fuller is still recovering from a broken collarbone (or is he?)

I'm honestly thinking there might be a failed drug test in here. Strong was suspended from the opener for a pot arrest a year ago...but I'd be pretty upset as well, as Strong had a zero strike policy after his suspension, but ILB Brian Cushing is still under contract with his roiding history.

Texans are coming out with 7 Offensive Linemen. With the QB and RB that's 9, so there's only really room for 1 or 2 WR anyway.

(tongue is in cheek...:D)

21 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Wouldn't mind bringing him to the Lions to compete with Kenny Golladay and T.J. Jones for the 3rd/4th WR spot. 

Lol What??? Galloday is an absolute stud and you want to bring in some dude off the scrapheap to compete at #3 WR? Strong is trash 

Archived