Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

Ok we all know Lane Taylor and Jimmy Graham are 99% gone. Who else do you think possibly gets cut and why?

I'd have to think that Marques Valdes-Scantling has to be a possibility soon after the draft or we sign a notable guy. I just don't think Aaron likes him and will ever have any confidence going forward. It's clear his development isn't moving forward as to how the team wants. And he actually got worse as the year went on. 

Also what are other's thoughts of Dean Lowry as a possible cut casualty? His play seemed to dwindle down the stretch.

MVS cap hits:

2020: 714,000

2021: 804,000

Lowry just signed to an extension last year. This would be a bad look to save 700k. 

Cap Hit: 5,200,000

Dead Cap: 4,500,00

Savings 700k

M. Adams: Essentially cutting adams wouldn't save anything. 

Cap Hit: 956,000

Dead Cap: 186,000

Linsley is about the only one that would make a significant savings but open up another hole especially if Bulaga isnt re-signed.

• Like 1

Dude, you understand that the purpose of cutting players is to:

1. Achieve salary cap relief to target another player.

2. Open up a roster spot.

3. Remove a toxic personality from the locker room. 

And #2 doesn't have an impact before the start of the regular season. If that's the reason they're gone, they end up a camp cut.

Lowry, despite being mediocre all year, was still our second best DL guy. You get negative cap space from cutting him.

Scantling makes pocket change. There's no point in cutting him. He's also 25 years old and was on pace for 900 yards through the first seven games of the season. He's also the only guy in our WR corps with any deep speed. You know, the thing you all bitched incessantly about us lacking.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude, you understand that the purpose of cutting players is to:

1. Achieve salary cap relief to target another player.

2. Open up a roster spot.

3. Remove a toxic personality from the locker room.

And......

4.  Get rid of a guy so the people at FF dont have to read AG ***** about him continually.

(Just kidding :) )

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Scantling makes pocket change. There's no point in cutting him. He's also 25 years old and was on pace for 900 yards through the first seven games of the season. He's also the only guy in our WR corps with any deep speed. You know, the thing you all bitched incessantly about us lacking.

Valdes-Scanting's 40 time was a sensational 4.37 (at 6'4", 202).

Just for informational purposes, Malik Taylor (at 6'2", 216) ran a sub 4.5 40.
So did ESB (at 6'4 3/4", 214 ). Not Scantling fast, but sub 4.5 is still quality speed from a big guy.

The others, Adams, Lazard, Kumerow, Grant, Allison,  are mostly mid 4.5 guys, some 4.6.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Valdes-Scanting's 40 time was a sensational 4.37 (at 6'4", 202).

Just for informational purposes, Malik Taylor (6'2", 216) ran a sub 4.5 40.
So did ESB (6'4 3/4", 214 ). Not Scantling fast, but that's still quality speed from a big guy.

The others, Adams, Lazard, Kumerow, Grant, Allison,  are mostly mid 4.5 guys, some 4.6.

ESB's was a 4.48. Malik Taylor was a 4.46 at his pro day.

Those might as well be turtle times in the minds of our fanbase.

• Like 1

I believe we would cut Linsley. From what I have seen on the field, Aaron Rodgers felt comfortable with Lucas Patrick at center than Corey Linsley.

I believe the relationship between QB and C was not that great when Linsley was under center last year. 

I hope Gutey resign Bryan Bulaga and cut Linsley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

The obvious guy is Linsley. He could be your Mike Daniels cut this year especially if the Packers resign Bulaga. All depends on how they feel about Patrick as a potential starter. 

Getting rid of Linsley weakens the line more than likely, but if Gute and gang has already decided they won't be giving him another deal in GB, then by all means cut him loose and  use his dough to shore up a weakness somewhere else.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Getting rid of Linsley weakens the line more than likely, but if Gute and gang has already decided they won't be giving him another deal in GB, then by all means cut him loose and  use his dough to shore up a weakness somewhere else.  

That's the dilemma and reason it's comparable to Daniels. Packers were done with Daniels after last year whether he played for us in 2019 or not. If the Packers feel the same way about Corey, I could see a move there. It weakens the line for sure, but it's about the lesser of two evils in a way. I've rather have a weaker center versus right tackle if I can't have both. Now the plan could be to keep Linsley, resign Veldheer and draft OT at 30. Not a terrible idea but still very risky given the pass rushers in our division alone and knowing Bulaga's prior success against them which we've taken for granted.  

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

I believe we would cut Linsley. From what I have seen on the field, Aaron Rodgers felt comfortable with Lucas Patrick at center than Corey Linsley.

I believe the relationship between QB and C was not that great when Linsley was under center last year. 

I hope Gutey resign Bryan Bulaga and cut Linsley.

Honest to ******* God, based on what? Rodgers choking in a playoff game and dropping a perfect snap?