Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

I just read every post that included Kumerow from a 141 page thread lol. 

2 guys said he was the second best WR, but neither seemed happy about it. There was an exchange that went on for a while about reps and I know at least a couple guys said he was our #2 and a starter. 

I know MOST people didn't think that highly of him, but there were some goofballs way too high.

Thinking 99% of posters here know he wasn't anywhere near being the Packers #2 receiver.  The 1% (if that high) who thought this probably went to UW-Whitewater.  If so, don't blame them due to homer blind loyalty.  If not, goofball probably says it all.  

Just now, Skippy said:

The Packers would save $605,611 by cutting Valdes-Scantling.

Cutting Lane Taylor would save the Packers $4.087 million against the cap while taking on just $1.275 million in dead money. And while doubtful he's a bonafide starter anymore, some are thinking GB may just keep him around if a guard has to replace Bulaga leaving via FA.

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

The Packers would save $605,611 by cutting Valdes-Scantling.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/nfl-proposed-cba-includes-17-games-raises-limited-thc-testing.html

Other terms of the proposal include an increase in minimum salary for players on a club’s active or inactive roster to a starting point of roughly $600,000, up from $510,000 expected in 2020.

We save nothing

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Based on what? The whole bunch of not much going on during the preseason? Interesting.

Rodgers complimented him once if not more. He made plays all camp. He EARNED that roster spot. And he didn’t even have a bad year. He played like 16% of snaps for a total of like 4% of Rodgers’ targets. He just didn’t make the leap Lazard did. And he gets hyped because he’s a local and the connection with the Bosa family doesn’t hurt as annoying as it is.

And then no one else stepped up.

43 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Rodgers complimented him once if not more. He made plays all camp. He EARNED that roster spot. And he didn’t even have a bad year. He played like 16% of snaps for a total of like 4% of Rodgers’ targets. He just didn’t make the leap Lazard did. And he gets hyped because he’s a local and the connection with the Bosa family doesn’t hurt as annoying as it is. And then no one else stepped up.

I wasnt calling for him to be cut. I was simply disagreeing with those who felt EQ should be sacrificed in order to keep him. 
He's a nice player. An easy guy to root for - but limited in my view. I dont know about his local (or Bosa family) connections.

19 hours ago, Leader said:

I wasnt calling for him to be cut. I was simply disagreeing with those who felt EQ should be sacrificed in order to keep him. 
He's a nice player. An easy guy to root for - but limited in my view. I dont know about his local (or Bosa family) connections.

I don’t think anyone here really wants to see Kumerow getting snaps over EQ. We know what Kumerow is capable of and we aren’t impressed. EQ is still a wildcard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I don’t think anyone here really wants to see Kumerow getting snaps over EQ. We know what Kumerow is capable of and we aren’t impressed. EQ is still a wildcard.

At least as of last camp, I’d rather see Kumerow get snaps over ESB. I’m not a fan of either though and get the potential argument 

18 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think Kumerow is less lousy and I don’t see ESB being anything special long term. 

ESB has the physical skills to be a decent WR. I think Kumerow has peaked as a JAG. I'd keep the potential. Although EBS has to show something this TC or he could be gone, no doubt. Assuming we add pieces to the WR room by draft and/or free agency, I'd say Kumerow is the likely guy off last years roster to be gone. 

I'm also taking it as a given the Ryan Grant is a goner. 

Edited by Golfman

Convert Z's roster bonus to a signing bonus. +6 million.

Extend Graham to a 2/12 contract +7.5 million

Release Lane Taylor +4 million

That's 37.5 in cap space.

Subtract 7.5 for a roll over and draft picks and you're back down to 30. 

Resign Bulaga at 3/36/8 (8 million first year cap hit)

EFRA guys (3.2 million dollar cap hit)

That leaves you with 18.8 million to spend with a depth chart of:

Rodgers/Boyle

Jones/Williams/Ervin

Graham/Lewis/Sternberger/Tonyan/Vitale

Adams/Lazard/MVS/EQ/Kumerow

Bakhtiari/Light

Jenkins

Linsley/Patrick

Turner

Bulaga

Clark/Lowry/Lancaster

Smith/Smith/Gary

Burks/Summers/Bolton

Alexander/King/Jackson

Savage/Amos/Sullivan

+++

You need an ILB and a slot CB. 

You would like a WR 2, a swing tackle, a 3T, and maybe a TE (but really only in FA if it's going to be a front line starter.

Slot CB has an option, which is to hope Tramon doesn't have a better option than 2/10 like the last contract that he signed. Those are season 37 and 38 for him, but he absolutely killed it in the slot this year. 

ILB also has a home grown option in Blake Martinez, but it's sounding like he might sign for something like 3/27. I just don't think I can get down with that money. 

Give me Tramon on a 2/10/4 contract. That brings me down to 15 million left to spend. 

Travis Benjamin intrigues me from a WR perspective. If he can be brought in for 3/6/1.5, he brings another warm body into the room as a guy who can operate as the shifty guy in the slot. He neds a change in scenery.

Veldheer as the swing tackle just makes too much sense. If you can get him for 2/4/1.5, that makes sense. 

Danny Trevathan for 1/5 also makes too much sense if the Bears really are going to focus on their other ILBs. Things might be shaky between he and Adams, but front office manipulations make for strange bed fellows.

And you know what, **** it. If things are getting weird, go ahead and give me Ndamukong Suh for 2/18/7 to round off this salary cap requirements.

+++

Rodgers/Boyle

Jones/Williams/Ervin

Adams/Lazard/Benjamin/MVS/EQ/Kumerow

Bakhtiari/Veldheer

Jenkins

Linsley/Patrick

Turner

Bulaga/Light

Clark/Suh/Lowry/Lancaster

Smith/Smith/Gary

Trevathan/Burks/Summers/Bolton

Alexander/King/Tramon

Savage/Amos/Sullivan

+++

30: Josh Jones (OT-Houston) Even with Bulaga and Veldheer on the roster, I can't see us passing up a premium. Veldheer is a likely retire after next year and Bulaga is always an injury risk. He offers you a good backup as he works into a starrting lineup.

62: Raekwon Davis (DT-Alabama) Day-1 ready run plug.

94: Solomon Kindley (OG-Georgia) Linsley is likely gone next year. While I don't necessarily like the idea, Kindley is easily my highest rated player here, and that does open up the possibility of a ridiculous interior of Kindley/Jenkins/Turner. 

136: Trishton Jackson (WR-Syracuse) Get another body in the room. This is a good class to be drafting receivers.

175: Michael Divinity (ILB-LSU) Overshadowed by Patrick Queen and coming off a bad injury, had a bad combine, but I expect the pro day to be better.

192: Quintez Cephus (WR-Wisconsin) Terrible combine is going to hurt his stock. He's another guy to throw into the room and shake until something pops loose.

209: Benny LeMay (RB-Charlotte) Competition in the RB room.

224: Alohi Gilman (S-Notre Dame) Another body to add in to our hybrid DB room.

242: Michael Pifer (LS-Navy) I have strong negative feelings about Hunter Bradley.

+++

Rodgers/Boyle

Jones/Williams/Ervin/LeMay

Adams/Lazard/Benjamin/MVS/EQ/Jackson/Cephus/Kumerow

Bakhtiari/Veldheer/Jones

Jenkins/Kindley

Linsley/Patrick

Turner

Bulaga/Light

Clark/Suh/Lowry/Davis/Lancaster

Smith/Smith/Gary