Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mind Character

(Polls) Rank/Choose the Top Tackles & Joe Thomas Says Wirfs is a Guard

Rank the Tackles  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's Your 2020 OT1 NFL Draft Prospect?

    • Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    • Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG Iowa
    • Josh Jones, OT Houston
      0
    • Austin Jackson, OT USC
      0
  2. 2. Is there a Clear Best, Head and Shoulders Above the Rest Tackle Prospect in the Draft?

  3. 3. How Many Tackles Go Off the Board BEFORE the Browns Select?

    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 0 - None; We'll be Selecting the 1st Tackle Taken in the NFL Draft


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Really? Source?

I tried looking for it.

He was on the Dan LeBatard show and they asked him who the best tackle in the NFL is other than him.

He said something along the lines of "you guys are going to make fun of me for this, but cleveland has a guy on the right side that is more suited for left tackle, in a few years Shon Coleman will be the best tackle in the game"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had one change to reshuffle my very top.

1a. Tristin Wirrfs (I will believe my eyes)

2b. Andrew Thomas (most techincally sound, most experienced, most NFL ready IMO, highest floor)

3. Mekhi Becton: Unbelievable physical traits.

4. Jedrick Wills: Meanest of the Group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have had one change to reshuffle my very top.

1a. Tristin Wirrfs (I will believe my eyes)

2b. Andrew Thomas (most techincally sound, most experienced, most NFL ready IMO, highest floor)

3. Mekhi Becton: Unbelievable physical traits.

4. Jedrick Wills: Meanest of the Group.

This is me, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

1. Willis/Thomas/Wirfs

2. Becton

3. Any other OL

#metoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I tried looking for it.

He was on the Dan LeBatard show and they asked him who the best tackle in the NFL is other than him.

He said something along the lines of "you guys are going to make fun of me for this, but cleveland has a guy on the right side that is more suited for left tackle, in a few years Shon Coleman will be the best tackle in the game"

I don’t believe that one bit. He wasn’t highly regarded coming out and wasn’t even a good RT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I don’t believe that one bit. He wasn’t highly regarded coming out and wasn’t even a good RT. 

Yeah but Joe also thought Hue Jackson was our best coach.

I think he was an amazing play, and an amazing person, but maybe not the best Judge of coaching or players.  Sometimes you can be really good at something and not good at evaluating what you're good at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah but Joe also thought Hue Jackson was our best coach.

I think he was an amazing play, and an amazing person, but maybe not the best Judge of coaching or players.  Sometimes you can be really good at something and not good at evaluating what you're good at.

He definitely didn’t believe in Corbett from day 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah but Joe also thought Hue Jackson was our best coach.

I think he was an amazing play, and an amazing person, but maybe not the best Judge of coaching or players.  Sometimes you can be really good at something and not good at evaluating what you're good at.

He might have said Coleman is the best left tackle for the browns and not in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I tried looking for it.

He was on the Dan LeBatard show and they asked him who the best tackle in the NFL is other than him.

He said something along the lines of "you guys are going to make fun of me for this, but cleveland has a guy on the right side that is more suited for left tackle, in a few years Shon Coleman will be the best tackle in the game"

He said it as a team mate so i hope he was trying to encourage him or something.

Shon always seemed like a gimpy mover, which means you cant be a left tackle. 

As for Hue, i speculate that he wasnt as bad a coach as his record indicates, he was however the wrong coach for the tank job, it needed to be sean McDermott. 

Joe Thomas isnt stupid, i suspect there was more to his comments than sinply stating facts. He loved the Shanahan offense before it was cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah but Joe also thought Hue Jackson was our best coach.

I think he was an amazing play, and an amazing person, but maybe not the best Judge of coaching or players.  Sometimes you can be really good at something and not good at evaluating what you're good at.

Yeah there’s tons of examples of this being the case too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen not saying that Joe was an idiot.  I really like Joe and love his commentating now.

I'm just saying, I'm not going to pick someone because Joe likes him.  Hes a nice guy who doesn't want to upset anyone.  He likes everyone...

Hes like Gruden for QB'S

"MAN! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People don't give Joe Thomas enough credit when the merely boil his comments in the past down to some misplaced or misinformed "blind love."

As much as anything, Joe Thomas detailed and analyzed the reality and depths of despair involved when players, coaches, and all involved in the organization come to the bleak realization that the goal and strategy is to lose historically and tank for multiple years after years of randomly assorted incompetence.

Thomas was able to separate and discuss with context how such a plan is both smart gamble for longterm sustainable winning and absolutely miserable/unbearable and brings out the worst qualities and the most sadness out of all those involved in the organization and fandom.

Joe Thomas tells the story all the time how he was driving home with his wife and just started to weep at the realization of the futility of his work during the 3-year tank strategy.

In general, Joe Thomas defended Hue as a coach that was put in the worst situation possible for a guy that never had the qualities to endure the tank storm without coming undone at the seems and losing his F-ing mind (which Hue most certainly did when it was all said and done).

Joe has also defended other coaches and preached patients along the way, but honestly Joe Thomas is no different from the evaluators around the NFL who hit and miss on their evaluation of talents except more often then not when one looks beyond the surface "Joe says this person is Good OR Bad" one finds that his takes have in general been an accurate description of the reality of things, proper cautioning for patience, and consistently more correct than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

Listen not saying that Joe was an idiot.  I really like Joe and love his commentating now.

I'm just saying, I'm not going to pick someone because Joe likes him.  Hes a nice guy who doesn't want to upset anyone.  He likes everyone...

Hes like Gruden for QB'S

"MAN! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!"

Spot on!

Edited by Bonanza23
Love you Joe, but talent evaluation isn’t your thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Left Tackles......I think I am about to piss off 75% of Redskins nation......

I have been over there the past two day.s fighting the good fight LOL. They keep talking about these over the top trade scenario's involving our 2nd round pick and Greedy Williams or Njoku for Trent Williams.......

What do I do this to myself LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×