Texans resign CB Bradley Robey to 3 year, 36M deal

.Buzz

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

LOL, like when the Jags resigned Bortles they brought back their best QB with another year in the system.   (not picking on your team, its just an analogy that fit)

That pro-O'Brien spin from Palmer is meaningless.

He played in 12 games and they gave up 25.4 points per game with him and 25 per in 6 games without him.

He has the ability to be a decent corner but he does not show it enough, This is an overpay out of desperation, but they could have been really bad back there without him.

If he plays 42-48 games in those 3 years and he plays well then its a good deal. Thats a lot of ifs

Then again, free agency is all about ifs

Edited by SkippyX

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Happy we re-signed him, but that contract seems a little high. Not top CB money, outside the top 10 at least.

Roby was consistent for us. Had some injuries, but was solid.

We are going to say that a lot this off season. People are going to get paid. With the expectation that the cap will see a significant jump under the new CBA, it's a different ball game. 

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He has the ability to be a decent corner but he does not show it enough, This is an overpay out of desperation, but they could have been really bad back there without him.

Overpay? It's a $2mm raise from last season. That's peanuts with a cap jump.

You're not going to find better on the open market, and if you do, it'll be for much more than $12/yr. This isn't Trumaine Johnson money, he's not even top 10 in salary with this jump.

It's an average deal for an average player.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Happy we re-signed him, but that contract seems a little high. Not top CB money, outside the top 10 at least.

Roby was consistent for us. Had some injuries, but was solid.

i think he would have gotten more than that in the open market IMO.  I think it was a pretty solid deal for us.  Hopefully we can get a good pass rush.  He should be better with it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I remember the Steelers went after Robey last off-season...he chose the Texans and the Steelers signed Steven Nelson instead who played great.

How did Robey do this past year?

He played pretty well, was probably a standout on our otherwise disgustingly bad defense. Locking him up is needed cause losing him means we have to rely on rookies or people like Philip Gaines again

• Like 2

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

i think he would have gotten more than that in the open market IMO.  I think it was a pretty solid deal for us.  Hopefully we can get a good pass rush.  He should be better with it.

This. Hopefully the right guy falls to the 2nd.