Browns sign TE Austin Hooper

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A) I didn't ask you

B) Thanks for displaying what a low brow, small minded response looks like. 

You're welcome.

EDIT- I'll add this. The Browns have had 2 successful FA signings in the last 30 years and they were both interior O-linemen. Why should Hooper be different? Maybe he will be, but history suggests otherwise.

Edited by MOSteelers56

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah, sorry but this is a poor allocation of resources for everything pointed out here. 

Unless you're running nothing but like 3 step drops and slant routes good luck making any offense work behind this O-Line. They'll definitely be taking an OT at 10 (well maybe not it is the Browns)

• Like 1

Browns fans ITT mad at people skeptical that paying Hooper TE1 money is a good use of resources + will remedy an offense that was unsuccessful last year with weapons such as OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and Nick Chubb.

Might not be the best use of resources is why I think most people are (absolutely fairly) skeptical.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah, sorry but this is a poor allocation of resources for everything pointed out here. 

Unless you're running nothing but like 3 step drops and slant routes good luck making any offense work behind this O-Line. They'll definitely be taking an OT at 10 (well maybe not it is the Browns)

This is the best overall OT class I can recall in 15 years. Would be far from a shock if they were banking on it with their offseason plans.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Dude came out of Stanford, right?  He can block.  He's just not dynamic enough to justify the contract he's getting.  But hey... Stefanski got his Kyle Rudolph...

I wouldn't say he is a very good blocker though and i do like Hoop as a player just not at what he is making.  I would have given him something like 6 mil a year and thought he got paid fairly for what he offers.  I would say he is a little below avg to an avg blocker.  Nothing that will hurt you really but is limited in doing it as we really only had him block on certain type of plays their was a video around showing exactly the type of plays he does and usually only those plays.  As far as receiving goes he is pretty good at finding the open spot in the zone and sitting but thats also about it as he very rarely beats his guy 1 on 1 or deep.  He has to be schemed open for him to do his work but he does have pretty good hands and will usually catch whats thrown to him if he is indeed open.   i think their was a chart showing that he has he highest number in the nfl of uncontested catches where he was schemed open but the number plummets if he is 1 on 1 and having to beat someone himself which he can't do to often.  Still he is a solid productive TE and should help the Browns with Njoku although i honestly would offer the Browns a 5th or 6th round for Njoku maybe if im the Falcons if their interested lol.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Dude came out of Stanford, right?  He can block.  He's just not dynamic enough to justify the contract he's getting.  But hey... Stefanski got his Kyle Rudolph...

Plus with the cap we have and the overall NFL salary cap rising where QBs are going to get anywhere from 25-35 a year, 10 mil a year is almost cheap.

Edited by MSURacerDT55