Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

First time in his career he will see good protection. And he will love the TEs in Oakland. Gruden will give him every shot to take the job from Carr. He wants a guy who can make plays when things break down.

He had more good protection than not in Tennessee. His issues came after the injuries with awful confidence and overthinking everything. He was never the same. Had nothing to do with the OL, as they were mostly solid

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

He had more good protection than not in Tennessee. His issues came after the injuries with awful confidence and overthinking everything. He was never the same. Had nothing to do with the OL, as they were mostly solid

Cannot remember where I read it, but read the Titans Oline had ranked bottom 5 for 3 of Mariota's 5 years in the league. And middle of the pack on their best seasons.

I saw Mariota getting pressured a lot and taking a lot of hits. 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cannot remember where I read it, but read the Titans Oline had ranked bottom 5 for 3 of Mariota's 5 years in the league. And middle of the pack on their best seasons.

I saw Mariota getting pressured a lot and taking a lot of hits. 

there isn't a titan fan on here that would blame our OL for Mariota's struggles. He was indecisive and hesitant ever since his 2016 injury against the Jags.

The question here,

is Mariota a back up to Carr or another QB?

a bridge to a new rookie QB?

A 1B in a open QB competition?

Whatever it is Derek Carr is on the hot seat and I'm glad they are doing it

Bringing in a former #2 pick who have won playoff games in the past is not a bad move

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

there isn't a titan fan on here that would blame our OL for Mariota's struggles. He was indecisive and hesitant ever since his 2016 injury against the Jags.

Fair enough. I wasn't suggesting it was an excuse for his play, just that his protection in Oakland is unlike anything he had in Tennessee.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

After thinking about this. I would expect Marcus to have a package of plays designated for him to come in. Plays that will utilize his legs maybe in goal-line packages to use some RPO's which will make Jacobs. Feel like we will see Marcus play this year even if he doesn't beat out Carr.

I was thinking this as well, gives gruden a guy to draw up rpo stuff for. which im sure he`ll enjoy.lol

5 minutes ago, true2form said:

Translation: Carr is our starter. Marcus is our solid backup. Building culture of competitive, good dudes continues.

We’re bringing in Mariota to push Carr like the Titans did with Tannehill to push Mariota last season.