Raiders sign QB Marcus Mariota (2 years, $17.6 M)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

What about his inability to throw accurately?

Fighting the urge to respond fighting the urge....

I rewatched our gb and hou games over the weekend.....

couldn’t help but think how things would’ve transpired If mm was on the bench

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

DC 3-0 TD/INT in that Hou game... and Tyrell dropped 2 on the last possession. . . 
Ill admit i only watched it the one time, but do you think Carr would have been pulled during it?

The fumble against GB was brutal and killed momentum.. but Carr was playing well up to that point, again, do you think hed get pulled going into the 2nd half?

-- 
honest questions, i agree that DC is on a hot seat, but I dont think the leash is as short as some are making it seem.

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

just watched the 8 min highlight of the OAK HOU game.

outside of the 3rd and 7 throw to Waller that should have been a pick 6... I dont see how Carr would have been pulled.

also the back shoulder throw to Williams on 3rd and 16 was a pretty phenomenal toss. Wouldve been a great catch, and a lot of PI imo, but dang it was a nice throw  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr has two mistakes in the GB game and otherwise played well.

Carr played well in the Houston game.

Mariota would have stayed on the bench.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

DC 3-0 TD/INT in that Hou game... and Tyrell dropped 2 on the last possession. . . 
Ill admit i only watched it the one time, but do you think Carr would have been pulled during it?

The fumble against GB was brutal and killed momentum.. but Carr was playing well up to that point, again, do you think hed get pulled going into the 2nd half?

-- 
honest questions, i agree that DC is on a hot seat, but I dont think the leash is as short as some are making it seem.

Don’t look at box scores

i was surprised rewatching these games 

no way Mariota takes DC's job before the season starts(even without the lockdown) This is DC's 3rd year in the system and hell have full command of the offense. Mariota, was brought in to put Carr on notice, and to have a legit replacement should DC under perform. MM is a high end back-up at this point, one that you bring in when youre not completely sold on your starter. If DC struggles in 2020, i believe Gruden COULD turn to MM in '20. I expect a full on QB battle(along with a 2021 draft pick) if DC doesnt grab the bull by the horns and puts all the questions to bed in this season. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Geezy said:

no way Mariota takes DC's job before the season starts(even without the lockdown) This is DC's 3rd year in the system and hell have full command of the offense. Mariota, was brought in to put Carr on notice, and to have a legit replacement should DC under perform. MM is a high end back-up at this point, one that you bring in when youre not completely sold on your starter. If DC struggles in 2020, i believe Gruden COULD turn to MM in '20. I expect a full on QB battle(along with a 2021 draft pick) if DC doesnt grab the bull by the horns and puts all the questions to bed in this season. 

If Carr struggles again this season and we aren't competitive, he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Career year incoming

• Like 1

I think Carr balls out with the pressure of MM on the bench. 5,000 yards and MM getting a few reps at goal line and any 4th and 1 plays. Too much of a running threat on QB sneaks to not have a defender on him. Leaves 1 on 1 match ups everywhere.

• Like 1