Cowboys re-sign WR Amari Cooper (5 years, $100M, $60M gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

Well I see this move didn’t go over well but let’s be honest here. Welcome to FA. No matter who it is your going to spend serious money. Now should he have been signed before you got into a bidding war? Yup absolutely. Should Dak have been signed as well before this ridiculous tag? Yes. Makes the FO look like they don’t know what there doing but to think Cooper wasn’t heading for a huge huge payday overall is laughable. That’s been the word now for months regardless who it was with. He makes some mental errors and mistakes and has a case of minor injury bug but the impact he’s made on the team so far being here is felt and definitely heightens the offense to a different level. I tend to blame his disappearance on injury. Remains to be seen but I’m all for bringing him back on a deal I surely saw coming regardless.

7 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Good lord. And this is why the Patriots just refuse to give up any assets to acquire a top WR. You're either giving up 1/4 of the payroll for a Cooper, overpaying for a vet who can't seem to make up his mind if he is over the hill in Cobb, or giving up a huge haul of picks for a Diggs.

I mean he spent a first on Harry and gave up a second for Sanu, so...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, F15chief said:

Funny to see Raider fans talking about spending big money on a receiver...Lol...Antonio Brown LOL

Not a Raider fan by any means so I’m not defending them but technically they didn’t have to pay AB and at the time, actually all of the time despite mental health, AB > Amari as a WR, everyday of the week. Even with AB being a far superior WR his contract was still a smaller AAV.

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, F15chief said:

Funny to see Raider fans talking about spending big money on a receiver...Lol...Antonio Brown LOL

Bat 💩 Crazy jokes aside. You do realize AB at that time was a Top 3 WR in the NFL and the contract was 3 for 50 not 5 for 100 ,right?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Bat 💩 Crazy jokes aside. You do realize AB at that time was a Top 3 WR in the NFL and the contract was 3 for 50 not 5 for 100 ,right?

You do know know that prices go up every year, right? It's passing league, and your team has zero wr's, see how long that lucky streak goes. eagle we're one of the teams looking to get Cooper...