Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 Wisconsin seems to be well ahead of the curve on getting people vaccinated, yes? I'm curious, as someone with no pre-existing conditions, not being an at-risk person, and not working in a field that would qualify me for the vaccine, when is it likely that normal/healthy people will be eligible in the state and how do we go about knowing when/where we'll be eligible? Any information you can provide would be super helpful.

The Wisconsin DHS is keeping this website up to date:

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-about.htm

• Like 1

Speaking of Wisconsin, been habitually checking the Dane County (Madison) numbers .Hospitalizations have been on a steady decline since the holidays, and today hit 18 inpatients. Significant number, because the last time Dane County was there was about a 1 week period in each of May and June. At the peak of the outbreak, it was about 150 inpatients.

We've vaccinated 55k people 65 and over in a total population of ~600k. People 65 and over represent about 15% of the US population, and applying that number here would mean we've got a total of 90k to vaccinate total. 55k is about 60%, plus you figure at least ~25% or so have had it already. You're talking about 75%+ total immunity in the population, and all the sudden the hospitals admissions are plummeting. 

Our old folks homes may be herd immune...

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wonder how many people have had covid and been vaccinated

considering most people who got the vaccine are above 60 years old and most people that age or up lost their battles I would say its a low number comparatively 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

considering most people who got the vaccine are above 60 years old and most people that age or up lost their battles I would say its a low number comparatively 

I couldn't find the right data but I think it's a ways from most people that age dying.  

I know at least 2 people that have had and now have gotten the vaccine.  I've had it and I could have gotten the vaccine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So that's just not accurate at all, while the death rate does skyrocket with age even the peak death rate (80+ age range) is still well under "most" people that age losing their battles at around 20%. 

1 in 5 is certainly nowhere near most people.

• Like 1

Was able to book my appointment for round 1 today, so I am excited about that! As bad as Virginia's rollout has been, I guess the rural community is full of anti-vaxxers and the like so they're not filling up. This medical center where we have a location is letting any and all employees from my company get the vaccine there - we're 1B by the way but VA was still under stricter restrictions on that. 

• Like 2