Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m irritated that i can’t get the Vaccine. I’m in front of people all day every day. (i sell cars). I have hour + long conversations with customers every single day, yet I’m not eligible. It really is infuriating.

Can't you do a bunch of that with zoom?

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Can't you do a bunch of that with zoom?

A lot of people are willing to do things virtually which is cool, but they still have to come in to sign paperwork (granted that part takes under half an hour), but there are still plenty of people that want to come in, test drive the car, then go over numbers in person. 

I no longer go on test drives with people (which is so so so great), however i still have to move cars that other people have been in etc.

I’m not saying i/we should be top of the priority list but when i see restaurant workers getting it (again i worked in restaurants for 10 years, i respect tf out of the industry and what they’ve been going through), and i can’t, it’s just frustrating. Servers are in front of people taking an order for under 2 minutes, cooks aren’t any where near customer facing, yet they can get it. I just don’t understand it.

My wife was working as a part time server two nights a week last summer to get some extra cash to put towards our wedding and extra things she wanted, she hasn’t been there since September, and has been working from home for a year as a health care recruiter, yet she can get the vaccine because she’s still technically a “seasonal worker” at the restaurant. 

37 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

A lot of people are willing to do things virtually which is cool, but they still have to come in to sign paperwork (granted that part takes under half an hour), but there are still plenty of people that want to come in, test drive the car, then go over numbers in person. 

I no longer go on test drives with people (which is so so so great), however i still have to move cars that other people have been in etc.

I’m not saying i/we should be top of the priority list but when i see restaurant workers getting it (again i worked in restaurants for 10 years, i respect tf out of the industry and what they’ve been going through), and i can’t, it’s just frustrating. Servers are in front of people taking an order for under 2 minutes, cooks aren’t any where near customer facing, yet they can get it. I just don’t understand it.

My wife was working as a part time server two nights a week last summer to get some extra cash to put towards our wedding and extra things she wanted, she hasn’t been there since September, and has been working from home for a year as a health care recruiter, yet she can get the vaccine because she’s still technically a “seasonal worker” at the restaurant. 

They'll never get it close to perfect in who gets it